ReefCleaners.org

Biocube retrofit full spectrum apex controlled recommendations

kygass

Hello,

Been lurking on the site now for ~8.5 months after my wife bought me a coralife biocube 29 for Christmas. Since then I've been trying to optimize the system as best as I can before getting it wet. My job requires me to work crazy hours, sometimes in excess of 24 hours at a time, so I have placed a premium on automation. To that end, I recently purchased an Apex system that included a VDM module. The next obstacle I want to tackle is to upgrade the lighting. I am looking for a full spectrum retrofit system that will be able to support a potentially SPS dominated tank and be controlled with the Apex.

I am sure this question is probably rehashed monthly, and I apologize for that. My initial thought was to pursue the rapidled aurora puck retrofit, but after reading some threads it appears the output for these is questionable. I think currently the nanobox retrofits seem to intrigue me the most, but this website seems pretty ambiguous. I would appreciate any thoughts, experiences, and especially pictures. Thanks for the help!

Contact Dave at Nanobox with a PM or by email. If I wasn't about to upgrade to a larger tank I would change my led setup to one of his pucks on my BC14.

Archived