Top Shelf Aquatics

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

Add as many as you want but keep in mind that they each need their own little space to call home. Especially if they need a spot to bed down each night. My cardinals just chill in the water column 24/7 but other fish like a blenny or wrasse will bury themselves in the sand or rockwork. So just make sure you keep the peace or they will stress out and perish.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up Begow and everyone. I have been following this thread so I decided to register on this forum. I have been on the other saltwater sites but have yet to register on this one so I figured I would. The reason I am following you is because you have the exact same setup that I hope to get sometime next year. The IM fusion 20 with the Radions xr15w Pro with the RMS. Aesthetically it looks freaken Bad A, and I have heard great things about the quality of the new tanks.

I was going to get the white Nuvo 16 with stock lights, I'm glad I waited due to the release of the 20. But I do wish they offered it in white. With good quality lights, it shimmers big time off the white tanks and I love the look.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing, everything looks good.

My past experience was running a 150g Lee Mar FOWLR mostly show fish, angels, tangs, triggers, ect. We ran that tank back from 2006-2008 then I left home to go to college, live in Argentina for 2 years, then back to college. So my hands haven't been wet in tanks since then other than going home to visit family during holidays or summer time. I went home to tear down the tank last December during Christmas, which was hard. But now I am waiting until the right time to start a new tank, hopefully next year.

Lets see some pics with the new WP-10 pump.

Update for today:

The clean up crew came in, and everything looks good EXCEPT: there is probably 15+ hermits in my order in which I didn't order. They are very small, and have brown legs. Not sure if I should worry about these guys or not, but there is a lot of them.

WP-10 is still rocking. The pods were all alive and there were thousands, it was a nice pack.

Here's some pics:

F4SBTlN.jpg

DVkMWpq.jpg

o9nwIVd.jpg

fkhpiRB.jpg

And one blurry pic of my cute ass kid this morning:

eTa1Orj.jpg

Tomorrow my Onyx Picasso Clowns are delivered, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I will post pictures once I get them.

lilmatty5dimes

Nice update. I would skip the skimmer and buy coral with that money. :) just keep in mind you'll have to keep up the water changes to the T. And chNge out the floss once you see it look dirty. My 16g I should probably change it every 4 days because the water will just skip running over the floss and go over the media baskets. Change the gfo/carbon every 2 weeks and you should be fine.

So the clownfish came in today, and they're nice and healthy, super active as well! The only sad thing is, now I have the damn itch for an anemone! This hobby is more addicting than drugs I swear!

Some pics for the day:

FR6R5gc.jpg

0rof3mH.jpg

ygDZmFf.jpg

Y5zTxhR.jpg

Reefmaster also sent my son a marine fish book, and a new Marine One pellet food which was really damn cool of him! As of now I'm done with fish for a while, probably a month or two. I'm hoping to come across a Possum Wrasse, but since they're a little more uncommon I doubt I will. Coral Con is coming soon and I hope to stock up on corals.

I really want to get a small bubble tip, my LFS sells rainbow BTA's for 30-40 depending on size. It's like the one thing that they have underpriced! Sigh..

michaelrzachmann

haha i had the same itch when i bought my clowns. as soon as i saw a nice RBTA i spent my last dollars to scoop it. it took them a while to host but seeing it happen now was worth every penty... DO IT

Man I just got the best text ever from my wife.

"Oh my, the tank is looking so beautiful"

F*ck yes!

Always a good feeling when the wife is on board. I remember getting started, and my fiancé was looking at a cycling tank with the electric bill wondering why we were paying for an empty tank! Beautiful fish btw!

So Coral Con may be not happening for me. I got pulled over today trying to pass an ass hole that was going slow. 60 in a 35. $180 ticket, plus I guess my registration expired less than 10 days ago (I'm new to Florida, this shit expires too often)

So yeah, good stuff!

Yeah, speeding bad :P

You can register your tag for two years instead of one like normal, that's what I always do.

I'm used to NC where it's a one time dealio.

The cop was such a dick, had his hand on his gun and shit. I have tattoos, so clearly I'm a criminal. When I asked if I could reach into my glove compartment for my insurance, NICELY... he said, "Dude I don't care what you do.." I'm like, wtf? It just gets a little old man, I know two people in this city that are cops that I love. The rest are just dicks, seriously. Two weeks ago I had a cop fly through an intersection with his lights on but no sirens. The lady in front of me slammed on her brakes and I hit her going 5 MPH. The cop decided that the emergency he was going to wasn't important, and gave me a ticket and chewed me out and said I need to pay better attention. I didn't even see his ass, and didn't hear him either.

LIFE

I'm used to NC where it's a one time dealio.

The cop was such a dick, had his hand on his gun and shit. I have tattoos, so clearly I'm a criminal. When I asked if I could reach into my glove compartment for my insurance, NICELY... he said, "Dude I don't care what you do.." I'm like, wtf? It just gets a little old man, I know two people in this city that are cops that I love. The rest are just dicks, seriously. Two weeks ago I had a cop fly through an intersection with his lights on but no sirens. The lady in front of me slammed on her brakes and I hit her going 5 MPH. The cop decided that the emergency he was going to wasn't important, and gave me a ticket and chewed me out and said I need to pay better attention. I didn't even see his ass, and didn't hear him either.

LIFE

Bummer.

I got a ticket for talking on my cell phone wen I was lost downtown. Cop told me that had I been using my GPS it would be ok... Except that my GPS wasn't getting a signal (skyscrapers block the signal), and he wasn't even able to get me decent directions, nor is there anywhere to pull over to make a call "safely".

What bugs me the most - at least while I'm talking on the phone my eyes are on the road. Had I been trying to use my GPS, I would have been much more distracted.

But you know... there's obviously not more important criminals to catch...

Just a quick update to everyone on here.

My wife and I went to her sister's wedding this Saturday, while there we passed my son around like a typical wedding. Around 9PM we noticed a small lump on his head, I iced it, and took him home early. By the time my wife got home around 11PM the knot turned into a liquid filled sac.

We took him to the ER and found out his brain is bleeding. When they transferred us to Shands in Gainesville they told us he has a fractured skull and has bleeding around his brain and skull. My son is in great spirits, and is his normal laughing self and is in no pain.

We still aren't sure who hurt him, and it really worries me. The neuro doc said it looks like either a VERY high fall, or a strike. I had my eyes on him the whole time besides once, when a 14 year old walked him around in his stroller. I'm thinking it was her.

Since this has happened the Child Protective Services people have been here interrogating us, and my 6 year old and everyone else. It's been a complete nightmare. Needless to say, I've been a wreck, I'm terrified. They are going to do an MRI while he's under anesthesia. They say the blood on the brain is potentially old, which means this is a reinjury. I'm very concerned as I don't know who I can and can't trust now. I'm really worried because I don't want the Child Protective people to take my child for something I didn't even do.

Just wanted to give you guys all a quick update on what's going on. My wife is missing out on nursing school for this and I'm out of work as of now for a few days. So Coral Con is obviously off, and I'll be struggling to pay my last two bills of the month.

I hope everyone is doing well, I will update when I can about this situation, keep us in your thoughts!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your little boy. That would scare the crap out of me too! Hope all goes ok with him

X2. Will keep the little guy in my thoughts!

Thanks guys. We will be going home tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. They are putting him under around 2:30PM EST for his MRI. They're not sure if there is a skull fracture or not so they wanna make sure.

I have to have a DCF home check which is really upsetting, because anyone that knows me personally knows my wife and I love our children more than anything. The DCF agent already told me that it appears to be an accident and has no bad thoughts of us at all so that's good.

My wife and I are extremely tired, the baby is fussy because he can't eat before his anesthesia. We are so ready to be home, I went home to pick up a few things and it was soothing to me home.

It's nice having her here though, she's been my rock man. I've never felt so weak as a man. She's been awesome through this whole thing!

Well since the DCF can't find out what happened to our son, they are accusing us of child abuse.

They haven't made any final decisions yet, but as most could guess I've been sick to my stomach over this, and I'm hoping this is just posturing from them.

Anyone who knows me personally knows that my family is MY LIFE. If they try to take my child I won't be able to function. I love my son and family more than anything on this planet.

In the morning they have the PED's radiologist reading his MRI, so hopefully that clears something up.

Nobody has came out and admitted to seeing anything yet, and some how the fault lands on us. I would think they would accuse us of negligence instead of abuse All of the nursing and doctoral staff here are floored and blown away at the accusations, everyone here absolutely loves us.Even the police officer told us that we were good people and could tell we didn't do anything.

I've been a wreck all weekend, and this is just so damn hard. I have no idea what to do...

Holy shit man, this sounds like a complete nightmare for you and your family I am so sorry for you guys. Keep the thread updated with the results of the injury and of the "accusations". Best of luck.

Archived