SaltCritters.com

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

Tell me about it. We got a 6 month old klee-Kai. It's like a miniature husky but I swear its a wolf by its behaviors.

When's the tank come? I really wanted that 20g but not sure i want a AIO

It's going to be delivered Monday, but I'm calling now to see if I can just pick it up since it's already here!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be delivered Monday, but I'm calling now to see if I can just pick it up since it's already here!

That's brutal. I hate when you see on Saturday it's at your local sorting facility and won't be delivered until Monday.

I forget, you ordered dry rock? What type of stocking plans you have in mind?

That's brutal. I hate when you see on Saturday it's at your local sorting facility and won't be delivered until Monday.

I forget, you ordered dry rock? What type of stocking plans you have in mind?

Yeah it really does suck because I have everything ready to go besides the Radion. I do have dry rock, Dry fiji from BRS. I got about 10 lbs, but I plan on getting more. My original plans were for the 10 gallon but the 20 was what I really wanted.

I plan on having a designer clown, still making my mind up on which one. A Midas Blenny (favorite fish). and the other 1-2 fish are undecided. I will have a lot of inverts though, I love crabs. Pom Pom, Anemone, Sexy Shrimp, etc.

Maxi Minis POSSIBLY. Really hesitant with the Midas, I may just go rock anemone.

All across the "horizon" or top line of my rock will be my SPS, I want a forest of Acropora/Birdsnests. I will hopefully have a nice monti cap that grows out, instead of encrusting on the rock.

Designer zoas, no generic eagle eye types. Lots of Acans, same thing, high quality only.

That's pretty much it as of now, long list to fill, going to take patience from me this time. I used to just pick up corals for the fun of it, but now I'm looking to just keep it to things I actually WANT, and not just impulse buy.

Yeah it really does suck because I have everything ready to go besides the Radion. I do have dry rock, Dry fiji from BRS. I got about 10 lbs, but I plan on getting more. My original plans were for the 10 gallon but the 20 was what I really wanted.

I plan on having a designer clown, still making my mind up on which one. A Midas Blenny (favorite fish). and the other 1-2 fish are undecided. I will have a lot of inverts though, I love crabs. Pom Pom, Anemone, Sexy Shrimp, etc.

Maxi Minis POSSIBLY. Really hesitant with the Midas, I may just go rock anemone.

All across the "horizon" or top line of my rock will be my SPS, I want a forest of Acropora/Birdsnests. I will hopefully have a nice monti cap that grows out, instead of encrusting on the rock.

Designer zoas, no generic eagle eye types. Lots of Acans, same thing, high quality only.

That's pretty much it as of now, long list to fill, going to take patience from me this time. I used to just pick up corals for the fun of it, but now I'm looking to just keep it to things I actually WANT, and not just impulse buy.

Sounds good! Yea we all get caught up in impulse buys. My original plan was for sps dominant in the cube shape tank. Built my scape for that. After a alk crash and loss of interest I got hooked on zoas but my scape really isn't the best for it.

If you want branchy stuff especially birdsnest on the top I'd definitely consider adding a t5 retrofit 2x24 to fill in the shadow areas. With the sane xr15 and only 20" width I see shadows from a gorgonian at the top and in layers of my montis shelves.

Resting spot for the rock to cure over night. This is also where the tank will be going once it arrives:

T0JMyO1.jpg

Full room shot from the full size sofa, you can see where the tank is going to go here, and the collage of pics around that corner:

X6mDDsW.jpg

I like your scape and am interested to see the Radion over the Fusion 20.

Does everyone own an Expedit?!?

Pretty much. ;) Have you seen other people successfully keeping tanks of this size on an Expedit? Not to be a naysayer but I would be concerned about the weight on this, the tank full is more than 200 pounds.

Pretty much. ;) Have you seen other people successfully keeping tanks of this size on an Expedit? Not to be a naysayer but I would be concerned about the weight on this, the tank full is more than 200 pounds.

Yeah, I worked for Ikea in the warehouse for a bit, I'm not sure how I feel about that...

The interior of the unit is cardboard honeycomb.

Surprisingly strong but, cardboard and water.

On the other hand, I'm on the NWIC B)

Mine's the yellow wagon

http://s969.photobucket.com/user/rl206/media/539610_3299492217667_516258660_n_zpsf1c88293.jpg.html'>539610_3299492217667_516258660_n_zpsf1c8

About the Expedit, I have two of them, separated for my chair to fit in between, with an 8' piece of laminate on top to make my desk. My Fusion 40 is sitting on the right side on of one of the units now and I haven't had any issues. Given, it is a little different with the laminate and the second unit, but I think yours will be fine

Great progress by the way!

Yeah I wasn't concerned, until you said something hahaha!

Yeah, I worked for Ikea in the warehouse for a bit, I'm not sure how I feel about that...

The interior of the unit is cardboard honeycomb.

Surprisingly strong but, cardboard and water.

On the other hand, I'm on the NWIC B)

Mine's the yellow wagon

539610_3299492217667_516258660_n_zpsf1c8

Love the yellows man, very beautiful!

About the Expedit, I have two of them, separated for my chair to fit in between, with an 8' piece of laminate on top to make my desk. My Fusion 40 is sitting on the right side on of one of the units now and I haven't had any issues. Given, it is a little different with the laminate and the second unit, but I think yours will be fine

Great progress by the way!

Thank you sir :D I wasn't concerned about the tank being on that shelf at all until people brought it up. Mine isn't Ikea, it's from Walmart actually. I don't know if that's better or not... but this thing is made pretty strong! It weights easily 50lbs+. I have no where else this tank could go so now I'm a little worried.

The inner braces of mine are wood. Again though, now I'm nervous. I weight a good 220lbs, maybe I should try sitting on it? Hmm. Shit! Now I don't know what to do!

Yeah I wasn't concerned, until you said something hahaha!

Love the yellows man, very beautiful!

Thank you sir :D I wasn't concerned about the tank being on that shelf at all until people brought it up. Mine isn't Ikea, it's from Walmart actually. I don't know if that's better or not... but this thing is made pretty strong! It weights easily 50lbs+. I have no where else this tank could go so now I'm a little worried.

The inner braces of mine are wood. Again though, now I'm nervous. I weight a good 220lbs, maybe I should try sitting on it? Hmm. Shit! Now I don't know what to do!

Sorry to have stressed you out about the stand. :unsure:

It's hard to know with Ikea type stuff, some people say it is a bad idea but then you hear plenty of stories of people who do it and it's fine. I mean a lot of the stands made for aquariums are MDF which is what most Ikea stuff is made of. I think sitting on it and bouncing around a little is a good idea and be really diligent about cleaning up water spills so they don't degrade the material over time.

Well I have all my water made, my refractomete won't give me a good reading though, it's kind of fuzzy. Either way, I had my wife sit on the cabinet, and bounce up and down. Then I sat down on on it and bounced, no issues and I sat right in the middle of it, the tank will be distributed weight. The tank is out for delivery, just waiting for it to show up!

Well I have all my water made, my refractomete won't give me a good reading though, it's kind of fuzzy. Either way, I had my wife sit on the cabinet, and bounce up and down. Then I sat down on on it and bounced, no issues and I sat right in the middle of it, the tank will be distributed weight. The tank is out for delivery, just waiting for it to show up!

Have you adjusted the eye side? I sometimes nudge it and make it fuzzy. It also doesn't read too clearly when I don't have enough light getting through it, or bubbles get into the water sample under the glass.

Have you adjusted the eye side? I sometimes nudge it and make it fuzzy. It also doesn't read too clearly when I don't have enough light getting through it, or bubbles get into the water sample under the glass.

I tried different light sources, which helped some.. The thing that worked though, was holding it upside down!

The tank is in!!!!!!!

YwNHmnf.jpg

NDevr8Q.jpg

kcu3VBO.jpg

WOqlaUu.jpg

Obviously still very cloudy. The stand is obviously holding up. Like I said before I sat on it, and bounced and jiggled around. My wife sat on it and did the same before me. So far my only annoyance is my 6 year old who loves to run through the house like an ass after being told 1000 times not to and the tank gets a slight rumble in it since I have a hardwood floor house that's lifted.

Dr. Tim's one and only!

woohoo! tank is wet! I also used Dr. Tim's and his stuff came with a small bottle of ammonia to jumpstart the cycle.

Ah damn, was hoping for something I could get locally. I'll just have to get a shrimp tomorrow or something, don't feel like waiting a week for the stuff!

MarineOne Pellets or BRS Reef Chili wouldn't work right? Nothing to start the ammonia cycle?

Ah damn, was hoping for something I could get locally. I'll just have to get a shrimp tomorrow or something, don't feel like waiting a week for the stuff!

MarineOne Pellets or BRS Reef Chili wouldn't work right? Nothing to start the ammonia cycle?

You can literally go find pure ammonia (no scents or surfactants) at a hardware/grocery store or wherever and use that to cycle the aquarium. :]

Archived