Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Begow's Life // 60 Shallow Rimless // Got my Scoly back!

Begow

They actually took my children yesterday. I've been a complete wreck. My wife and I are completely devastated, the stress and anxiety is literally overwhelming.

Here is my Go Fund Me link that goes over everything that happened for those curious, you don't have to donate to find the story out or anything.

http://www.gofundme.com/g83ok4

All I can remember from when they told me they were taking my son was him smiling at me as I screamed and cried. It's been a really hard night, sleeping is hard, being in our home is hard.. Thankfully we have each other, but our kids are our everything!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I can't believe this happened to you guys, I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope justice prevails.

:( :( :( :( . Sorry to hear about your situation.

Today we get our first visit with our children. 30 minutes.

Please feel free to share our link on social media sites

http://www.gofundme.com/g83ok4

Shares are very appreciated!

Wow man, honestly read your whole thread yesterday at work and the first thing I thought was one, you have a beautiful family and two, that guy really loves his kids. I have a small bonus coming to me on my check next Friday so I'll be donating it to the crowd fund for sure.

Wow man, honestly read your whole thread yesterday at work and the first thing I thought was one, you have a beautiful family and two, that guy really loves his kids. I have a small bonus coming to me on my check next Friday so I'll be donating it to the crowd fund for sure.

Thanks a lot man, yeah I love my family more than anything. I literally live for my children and wife.

I'm at work today for 11 hours, it's been really hard leaving my wife at home. She's really been my rock here, here at work I feel home sick, like I'm out of town or something.. I don't know, it's weird..

My friend went to coral con today and surprised me with some coral. He got me a new Reef Tech Montipora and a Ponape Birdsnest.

I'm trying to stay busy with the tank to keep my mind off all the shit that's going on here. The kids go to my mom's tomorrow thankfully until this is figured out. So that's better than some home.

nqy7XOf.jpg

nAy0eWn.jpg

CWLWXpB.jpg

jEU5F80.jpg

ezu84cT.jpg

Love your tank man! I am truely sorry to hear about your troubles. It seems the ones who really do horrible things get away with it, and the ones who do nothing wrong get screwed. Hope everything works out!

Love your tank man! I am truely sorry to hear about your troubles. It seems the ones who really do horrible things get away with it, and the ones who do nothing wrong get screwed. Hope everything works out!

Thanks man. Woke up today to an extremely cloudy tank. Not sure exactly what's going on, maybe bacterial bloom, I'm not sure.

I changed out my filter floss and did a 5 gallon water change. I'm also moving down my Reef Tech Starburst Monti because it looks like it may be fading or bleaching.

I also have some light spots of red slime showing up on the rocks, overall on top of my life stress the tank is in bad shape and I don't know how to fix it.

Reefmaster1996

Stop feeding and just do the water change, along with changing the filters, it will return to normal within a couple of days, probably you feed too much.

Or corals are dying and it is too much for the biolad

Stop feeding and just do the water change, along with changing the filters, it will return to normal within a couple of days, probably you feed too much.

Or corals are dying and it is too much for the biolad

Took some photos today of the tank, and a few videos as well. I'm pretty sure it's the damn clownfish constantly digging around the anemone.

My Blenny keeps picking at the Montipora as well, not sure why. The Monti looks rough, but the birdsnest looks AMAZING, the colors are crazy.

TyeQEz9.jpg

tHG4yBr.jpg

E8ZGTPo.jpg

Here's a video of my clown digging, why is she doing this?

http://tinypic.com/r/2ihqe5t/8

Also, since I took the frogspawn out of the tank and glued it down it's been looking crappy. Is it just going to take a few days to get back to normal? I took a video of it to show the flow it's getting, is this too much?

http://tinypic.com/r/ejt15e/8

Reefmaster1996

thats normal behavior, they always do that with an anemone, the sand getting picked up is because the anemone is close to the sand as he plays in it lol, the frogspawn will be ok after it gets used to where you put it. general rule is to not move corals from where they are happy in a tank, once you find out where they are happy, then you can glue them down in that spot

some blennys mess with monties and start eating the polyps, you may have to get rid of ither of the two

by the way where is the male clownfish?

thats normal behavior, they always do that with an anemone, the sand getting picked up is because the anemone is close to the sand as he plays in it lol, the frogspawn will be ok after it gets used to where you put it. general rule is to not move corals from where they are happy in a tank, once you find out where they are happy, then you can glue them down in that spot

some blennys mess with monties and start eating the polyps, you may have to get rid of ither of the two

by the way where is the male clownfish?

Constantly hiding from the aggressive female.

Tank is still cloudy today, the female clown is digging all day every day, it's crazy. The Blenny detached my Ponape Birdsnest and moved it into the sandbed and covered it with sand. I reglued it today, and it looks awful. The Monti is still looking crappy.

Sigh. I did have a 1 hour visit with my children today which was amazing.

Sunburst Monti's are tricky. Mine looked amazing for 2-3 weeks,the stn'd in the middle,grew back then faded horrible then just faded to white. Try and put it in a not to luminaries area and it should slowly turn back.

Hope things turn around for your family man.. This is just a horrible feeling situation,I'm sure. Best of luck man.

I had to go back a few pages to follow what was going on. Very frustrating and sad to read. Hope my small donation helps in any way possible and encourages others to donate too

I had to go back a few pages to follow what was going on. Very frustrating and sad to read. Hope my small donation helps in any way possible and encourages others to donate too

Thanks for the help man, it's definitely appreciated.

Came home from work tonight, the tank still looks like crap. Monti looks like it's on it's way out and the birdsnest does too.

I'm probably going to break it down and just bake my rock in a barrel for a few weeks. I'll probably get rid of my sand bed and go star board.

Reefmaster1996

Bro there is no need for that, all you need is time, a good healthy reef biological filtration takes time to establish, starting over will only prolong the process, your only mistake was adding coral to early, I did the same when I started, trust me ,just reduce feedings, and wait 2 months.

I had the same issue with my 50, it took a month or two for the bioload and biological filter to equal out, it's the way all tanks start life.

Bro there is no need for that, all you need is time, a good healthy reef biological filtration takes time to establish, starting over will only prolong the process, your only mistake was adding coral to early, I did the same when I started, trust me ,just reduce feedings, and wait 2 months.

I have like 30+ sand dwelling snails, and my sand bed still looks like shit 100% of the time, lol. I also was under the impression this CUC I ordered would help with the rocks, but the rocks are slowly becoming engulfed in Cyano.

The female clown is a HUGE bull to the male clown, she doesn't let him eat, doesn't let him come out of his little corner. I know some aggression is normal but he looks bad, he's super skinny, and never leaves his little corner. My blenny is eating my Monti, and my birdsnest, lol.

Shit just sucks, with all the stuff going on it's even more depressing that my tank is in such poor condition. My reefing buddy here locally bought me a Ghost Skimmer, which will be here tomorrow, so hopefully that helps some. I really want my tank to start looking better, the female clown digs ALL DAY LONG so I haven't seen a clear tank in a few days now.

Want the male clown to look better, this blenny to stop nipping at my favorite piece of coral I've ever owned, and the CUC to get ahold of these rocks!

Sorry to hear about all the troubles in your tank and in your personal life. I can only imagine the frustration and heartbreak you are going through. Hope things start to take a turn for the better soon.

As for the tank, let it ride. New tanks always run into issues in the beginning. It's probably too early for SPS. Need to let things stabilize more before putting in the hard stuff.

Spiderguardnano

yeah man dont freak out give it time to establish as a tank if your worried about to much nutrients let the tank ride with now fish for a couple of months and slowly stock again

Sorry to hear about all the troubles in your tank and in your personal life. I can only imagine the frustration and heartbreak you are going through. Hope things start to take a turn for the better soon.

As for the tank, let it ride. New tanks always run into issues in the beginning. It's probably too early for SPS. Need to let things stabilize more before putting in the hard stuff.

yeah man dont freak out give it time to establish as a tank if your worried about to much nutrients let the tank ride with now fish for a couple of months and slowly stock again

Thanks yall. I guess I'll try to let it ride, I need to get this blenny out of here either way. When the tank is more stable I don't want to add SPS and he's nipping.

Any tips?

Hopefully the skimmer can help some as well.

Archived