Pod Your Reef

Mixing Kent Superbuffer DKH in larger quantities.

14biocubeGuy

Aight. I have everything stable.

Mg-1420

AK-7dkh (just added 10ml of AK solution from BRS. Should race it up just a tad to almost 8)

CA-450

I called BRS and found out that what i have, is actually a 1.1ML dosing pump. Therefor, i plan i dosing AK about 1.2 ML a day. so i would run it for 1 minute. My only question is that I have about 1-2 inches of sand and about 14lbs of live rock. So how much Water do i actually have? The directions for BRS say to dose .2ml/per gallon of water a day. so i might be a little low on dosing AK. I have learned my lesson though and am NOT dosing too much at a time. SMH. my corals are just coming back

You dose based upon your consumption needs and the only way to determine that is by repeated testing. As your corals grow or you add new corals you need to modify your dosing schedule.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the future, try not to dose that much at once. That's a jump of 1dKH, which is the max you should be setting yourself over a period of twenty four hours. Bringing alk up in the beginning is supposed to take a short while, and then you can better gauge how much of it your inhabitants are using so you can dose a much, much smaller amount.

Aight. I have everything stable.

Mg-1420

AK-7dkh (just added 10ml of AK solution from BRS. Should race it up just a tad to almost 8)

CA-450

Got home from shift this morning and all my acans are starting to recover quicker than i expected. My 1 montipora cap is white but has polyp extention that i have never seen before. Color is starting to poke through. My other monti caps color is off the chart with beautiful blue polyps extended all the way. Acropower seem to have worked a lot.

I also wanted to knock out the false bottom in chamber 1 which had previously proven to be a bit difficult. I took a new wood spatula and pressed on it hard enough that it popped off. I vacuumed everything out at the bottom and it almost made me vomit. It was the darkest water i have ever seen. YUCK. Seems like a design flaw.

Anyway. I wanted to ask if it was normal for cheato to start growing algae on it. at the bottom of it, it was slimy disgusting. Wanted to know if this was normal. And will suctioning out chamber one help with nitrites and nitrates? Will it have an ammonia or PH spike?

Archived