Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cju84's 5.1g Pico Reef (updated 12/16/2018)

cju84

Considering how much is growing I can def. arrange that!

Thats why I said it! the growth on your colony is insane. My tanks ready for coral and I always wanted some of them.

• Like 1

clusterF...whatever LOL. It looks more amazing everytime I come in here :). You should totally add a pair of GBGs ;).

Thanks :) I definitely want some GBG's, I'll have to find some locally due to the weather.

I think I'll eventually remove my Xenia for some more colorful stuff eventually. I'll be sure to consult your tank for ideas!

• Like 2

Thanks :) I definitely want some GBG's, I'll have to find some locally due to the weather.

I'm holding off on a few things for that same reason.

Why is is soooo cooold?!?!?!

I'm holding off on a few things for that same reason.

Why is is soooo cooold?!?!?!

It's seriously ridiculous! Negative degrees with windchill already in mid November is just not right. I thought last year was our 'once in a lifetime winter'....

Also - what are you looking to add???

• Like 1

It's seriously ridiculous! Negative degrees with windchill already in mid November is just not right. I thought last year was our 'once in a lifetime winter'....

Also - what are you looking to add???

I want some gorgonians but haven't been happy with what I've seen in any LFS. Unique Corals has a Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian that I really want! That, or KP Aquatics has nice prices on gorgs too.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

If you already have CUC in there, then you should be all set. I am right next to UIC by Roosevelt and Halsted.

Looks nice!

I live in the suburbs but work downtown... Welcome!!

north shore illinois represent :D gotta stick together round' these parts

• 2 weeks later...

Couple new pics. Had to remove some Xenia as it was growing on the glass. Also moved the Frogspawn on the left to the back as it was messing with the zoas.

Lots of growth in the candy cane's and palythoas. So many more polyps have grown already!

post-85688-0-58264900-1418311252_thumb.jpg

post-85688-0-41828700-1418311262_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I think the Xenia in the front and paly's on the bottom left need to go. If any of you Chicago area folks would be interested in either, let me know.

Would love to trade for a Zoa colony or some ricordias.

wow great start, keep an eye on those yellow polyps, when they start spreading you will probably have to trim, their stings melt stuff. I had some accidently touch my acan and completely fried one of the heads lol. They are by far my favorite polyp coral though so I had to have em.

wow great start, keep an eye on those yellow polyps, when they start spreading you will probably have to trim, their stings melt stuff. I had some accidently touch my acan and completely fried one of the heads lol. They are by far my favorite polyp coral though so I had to have em.

Thanks! The frogspawn actually seemed to piss them off for a while so once I moved them (about a month ago) they seem to be sort of rebounding. Not as vibrant as they once were though..

• Like 1

Wow, things are looking great! But I see what you mean about the palys and xenia, though - I agree. Using that space for something that doesn't grow as high would look nice.

You've also got open real estate up top - any plans for something that likes more light?

• Like 1

Wow, things are looking great! But I see what you mean about the palys and xenia, though - I agree. Using that space for something that doesn't grow as high would look nice.

You've also got open real estate up top - any plans for something that likes more light?

Thanks! My friend is urging me to try some SPS at the top just to see if I have enough light... I'm debating adding something like that. Not sure what though. Maybe some sort of montipora.

lookin awesome, love you coral garden!

Thank you!

• Like 2

Thanks! My friend is urging me to try some SPS at the top just to see if I have enough light... I'm debating adding something like that. Not sure what though. Maybe some sort of montipora.

Thank you!

Looks so full and lush :wub:.

I would totally go for a monticap at the top, but I'm sorta partial to them :lol:.

• Like 2

Looks so full and lush :wub:.

I would totally go for a monticap at the top, but I'm sorta partial to them :lol:.

I think that would be an awesome idea, assuming it won't block any light for my candy cane.

You say full and lush... I say clusterf*ck/cramped lol.

I've got a piece of Gena's Idaho Grape Monti on the top of my 4g tank and it's doing great :)

I absolutely love your tank. It looks very clean, spacey, kinda the exact opposite of mine. I need to rethink mine after looking at yours again.

I really like the Monti too. I would see if I could buy a frag from Gena but it is too damn cold in Chicago. Another six months perhaps!

• Like 2

I love mine! And it's practically indestructible. I accidentally broke the frag in half when I was gluing it. Now I have two nice frags that are growing out nicely :)

• Like 2
  • cju84 changed the title to Cju84's 5.1g Pico Reef (new fish added 9/30/2017)