ReefCleaners.org

4 Gallon Reef Island!

ml86743

Hey everybody! After a couple of years without a tank I`ve finally decided to start up a new one! I chose the Cadlight Mini 4g after much thought and I have to say I`m very pleased with the quality of the glass (The pump and light suck but I didn't buy it for those options) I began cycling it last week and now I`m just waiting for my numbers to adjust. As far as equipment goes I have the stock pump that came with the tank, which I plan on upgrading, I have the Hydor Korialia Nano for some added flow and I just recently put my order for a NANOBOX!!! I am so freaking excited for that thing to come in..you guys have no idea.

347xumv.jpg

Looks great! How many rocks is that? What do you plan on putting in it?

Cindy - yours looks great too - just checked out your thread.

I just recently (last week) started a 5gallon. Can't wait to get to get some corals!

congrats! i recently upgraded from a 3g pico

to a cadlights 8g. what do you plan on stocking?

i love how beautiful the glass is on my tank.

Hmmm...as far as stocking goes I definitely want some ric`s and zoa`s...but I wanted to try my hand with some gorgs too...I feel they would look very nice in the background...But honestly nothing is set in stone as of now. I`m just going to add what looks best! I was also considering a yasha/pistol pair but again I`m not sure. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS :)

FYI, Cindy your tank is knarleyy!!! I love it! Keep it up.

Looks great! How many rocks is that? What do you plan on putting in it?

Cindy - yours looks great too - just checked out your thread.

I just recently (last week) started a 5gallon. Can't wait to get to get some corals!

Its about 5-6 lbs of rock, thats including what I put in the back chambers.

Looking good, get some corals in man

After cycle of course :P

Thanks! Yeah man I`m in no rush to get anything in there..I`ve made my mistakes in the past and I just want everything to transition as smoothly as possible with this tank. I`m commuting this year to school and I don`t have baseball this semester so I figured I would fill my time with a reef tank!

FYI, Cindy your tank is knarleyy!!! I love it! Keep it up.

:happydance:

haha! thanks! it totally isn't, it looks so noob.

but i'm having a lot of fun with it!

well, i LOVE my rock flower nems. they are

easy and i've had no trouble so far. i love my ric.

i got my first palys and they are super happy. just

be careful with them, as some release palytoxins

which can be brutal.

i definitely recommend sexy shrimps. i have a pair

and they are great. i also quite enjoy my new frogspawn.

they come in some different colors and are just great, like

waving gummies.

:happydance:

haha! thanks! it totally isn't, it looks so noob.

but i'm having a lot of fun with it!

well, i LOVE my rock flower nems. they are

easy and i've had no trouble so far. i love my ric.

i got my first palys and they are super happy. just

be careful with them, as some release palytoxins

which can be brutal.

i definitely recommend sexy shrimps. i have a pair

and they are great. i also quite enjoy my new frogspawn.

they come in some different colors and are just great, like

waving gummies.

I was actually considering a pair of sexy`s...I heard they`re tons of fun to watch!

UPDATE:

Levels are still verrryyy high..nothing really to update haha.

I was actually considering a pair of sexy`s...I heard they`re tons of fun to watch!

UPDATE:

Levels are still verrryyy high..nothing really to update haha.

i love my sexies! i've had them for probably

7 months now? they're very social and always

out and about, which make them great for smaller

tanks.

good luck with cycling!

Let me start by saying....Dave from Nanobox is awesome dude. I cannot get over how beautiful my Tide is and how amazing it looks. The craftsmanship is immaculate and really am 100% pleased with this purchase. Customer service was excellent and I am now a nano box customer for the rest of my life.

Now as for my tank...My levels are finally subsided and I will begin stocking tomorrow after work!!! YAYYY B)B)

I`ve had some serious evaporation issues though...my salinity rises way too much by the time I get home from work and school..thinking about investing in an ATO or something...I`m not too sure but its an issue that I need to take care of.

PICTURE TIMEEEE (sorry for poor quality..guess I don't have a steady hand..)

post-47317-0-54361900-1411617784_thumb.jpg

Man that tank is gonna look crazy

I hope so! Just taking everything real slow so I can set up the best possible future for the tank...

As of now I still have diatoms everywhere...I picked up two small Astreas today to help with the the bloom.

I`d post some pictures but there is not much to see...Just some snails and diatoms. Hopefully this blooms dies down soon so I can add some coral. But only time will tell.

You are the definition of what I want... A minimal design, some gorgs in the back and then a mix of a bit of everything in the front.

Exactly! Just simplicity. I actually picked up some coral today:) :)B)B)B)B)B)

I picked up two small zoa frags..(Ones a pretty cool captain america :)) And I also picked up a hammer which I`m stoked about. Ill get some pictures up when they start to open up:)

My snails have been doing an awesome job with the Diatom clean up...I have a few spots on my rocks and the glass but it`s almost all gone :)

Pictures soon guys don`t worry!!

heres everything all closed up:(

post-47317-0-91656000-1412108745_thumb.jpg

Euphylia are my favourite!!!!!

Yeah man I`m diggin it...Can`t wait till he`s comfortable and starts extending his arms a little bit. I`m going to see how these guys do and if everything checks out I`ll head back to my LFS and grab so more stuff in about a week.

Archived