Cultivated Reef

TIL you can get saltwater gear for super cheap on "Chinese ebay"

Rememberme

am I converting that right to 36$...

edit nvm stupid... lul

which would make sense though since its a german made system and reflectors.

Agreed, only products made in Asia may be cheaper.

unless of course its a complete knock off, which is a possibility aswell

Probably not very profitable for a company to make a knockoff product for a niche market.I'd say it's somewhat unlikely for you to get a knockoff. Most times in taobao you will either get completely scammed from a sketchy seller with no ratings or you will get what you paid for.

The key thing is to look for 5 diamonds, double hearts or hearts, the number points close to 5 and even better if there's the "taobao agreement with seller" logo. The agreement thing basically says you can return your product if you don't like it up to 14 days after it arrived to you.

I got my fauna Marin LPS pellets the other day. Their packaging was not bad, they used a card board box which had newspaper inside when then had a few layers of bubble wrap inside to protect the bottle of pellets.

Considering they ship out their products with so much redundancy i'd say that i'd recommend getting LPS pellets from TaoBao (there's only like 1 seller with 5 hearts which sells it, so you'll find him when you search LPS fauna Marin).

How are customs/duties on these? Does it still come out cheaper on top of the additional hassles?

That said, I did order a set of lights straight from a factory through Alibaba, mostly just to try out and see if they'd actually get here :D

How are customs/duties on these? Does it still come out cheaper on top of the additional hassles?

That said, I did order a set of lights straight from a factory through Alibaba, mostly just to try out and see if they'd actually get here :D

It's alright, not too bad. My coral rx pro was rejected at the border tho

Archived