Cultivated Reef

Pico water movement. What do you use?

uwdanno

I have that pump in a 0.5G pico. (Not set up for actual corals etc, but it has water in it. It works quite well. Only difference is I have a chinese $9 version from Amazon. (VicTsing 80GPH pump).

Really?

Hydor Pico Evolution 200 Mini Pump 70 gph. Too big?

I'll give it another look, but when I measured out the dims it looked large. I suppose for $14 its a pretty low risk purchase.

I think thats one of the benifits of the Fluval tanks. Their biggest dim is the horizontal length. The Nuvo 4 gal, my tank, its the height. So anything I add on the walls makes water column look tight.

:lol:

Not big enough!

Thats what she said?

.... sorry :lol:

Thats what she said?

.... sorry :lol:

Dude I thought the same thing before I even hit "post" yesterday... :P

Check out that Mini-Jet 606. The pump is powerful despite it's small size. You seriously won't be disappointed.

Go ahead... say it again!

Dude I thought the same thing before I even hit "post" yesterday... :P

Check out that Mini-Jet 606. The pump is powerful despite it's small size. You seriously won't be disappointed.

Go ahead... say it again!

Lol. Good stuff.

That pump does pack a punch for its little size. I am going to measure the baffles tonight to see if that could actually be my return pump. I am at 100 gph right now. The Mini Jet 606 maxes at about 153 gph. That extra 53 gph could be enough return flow that I can avoid an "in display" pump.

Just ordered the mini jet 606. I'm thinking that 153gph will be enough flow to avoid putting a pump in the display to move water.

Thanks for the feedback

Archived