Cultivated Reef

Monti producing milky white "mucus" ?

Reefkid88

So,I've began to notice that every time ANYTHING changes in my tank,my newly purchased Jedi Mind Tricks monti,always produces a milky white mucus. The only think I can think of is it was a newly cut piece before I got it and it's a defense as it's trying to heal ? Any suggestions ?!

image-132.jpg

Keep an eye on it. Use a good camera and lens to take closeup pics or get a pair of 3X or 4X reading glasses and a flashlight to look for pests. It could be a simple as some kind of warm living below it sending out mucus to catch food.

Keep an eye on it. Use a good camera and lens to take closeup pics or get a pair of 3X or 4X reading glasses and a flashlight to look for pests. It could be a simple as some kind of warm living below it sending out mucus to catch food.

Okay,I'll have to get my macro lens and look for signs of anything. I do notice there are a LOT of huge pods that hang out aroud and underneathe the plug it's mounted on. It usually looks fine until I stick my hands in the tank and it do water changes.. So idk.

my sunset monti did the same thing when super stressed

Really ? It seems to be the only monti out of my 6 Monti's to act "stressed". I just went and looked at it,all the mucus is gone. But it's showing signs of growth,the edges are getting super purple :)

Archived