ReefCleaners.org

PHOTOS: 2014 Scratch & Dent Sale

Marine Depot

10649619_10152687886830941_1756284467481

Many thanks to everyone who braved the scorching heat to shop our annual Scratch & Dent Sale on Saturday!

Temperatures soared to a blistering 99°, but the hottest thing going on were our deals on aquarium equipment.HA!

In all seriousness, we're super-appreciative to everyone who made the trek and look forward to doing it all again next year!

Special thanks to Coral Revolution and Reefer's Cove for selling frags and an extra special thanks to SCMAS for helping us put together and promote the event. We couldn't have done it without you all!

We created a couple of photo albums for the event. If you couldn't make it this year but are considering coming in 2015, these will give you a taste of what it's like:

FACEBOOK ALBUM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6300940&type=1

GOOGLE+ ALBUM
https://plus.google.com/b/1060747597...86654623375857

Damn I was in LA this past Saturday too. How do you usually let people know? By mailing list? I get marine depot emails but don't think I got this one.

Well, our promotion of the event has escalated in the past couple of years, so it's not surprising 2014 is the first you're hearing of it. In the past, we would simply post in local forums about it and let club word-of-mouth take care of the rest.

This year, however, we posted an announcement on all the message boards we sponsor (except a Chicago one—sorry Chi Town!), posted about it a couple times each on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram and we also sent an email last week to our newsletter subscribers that live local (the ones that typically receive orders from us the next business day).

We haven't had an official event debriefing yet, but by all accounts, this year was a resounding success. This is wonderful news because the favorable response will likely allow us to go even bigger and better for 2015. :)

Same time as last year? 9am to 1pm?

aug-18-same-bat-time-same-bat-channel.jp

Looks sweet, wish I was closer. Do you organize the stuff or is it just everywhere...like lights in this corner, skimmers there, and pumps here?

It's organized confusion, to a degree. It's not sorted by "department," although that is something we've been discussing since because it would make shopping more fun and easy.

Archived