Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IT'S BACK! - 4G Pico

k4ndyk1ng

Tang police will always be tang police, I think there are worse things than a fish being in a half-size tank for a period, as long as your params are stable and he/she doesn't look stressed/no signs of pacing the glass or anything I'd do it within reason.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tang police will always be tang police, I think there are worse things than a fish being in a half-size tank for a period, as long as your params are stable and he/she doesn't look stressed/no signs of pacing the glass or anything I'd do it within reason.

He's fine, munching out on pods, eating mysis and he doesn't seem too bad, his top fin is a bit ripped from the only rock he could hide under I think. I'm going to heal him up and upgrade :)

The cherub has settled in well and is eating healthily and decimating my pods lol. I have photos coming of him and the tank

I think just leave the mushroom, absolute worst case it'll melt and you'll know it's dying when it is, in terms of the Cherub, it's probably one of the better candidates for the tank for short-mid term, they're pretty small and if you have enough swimming room (don't add rock just corals from now) I'd think he'd be alright.

The shroom has had it, bits of it are falling off, there is luminous green everywhere and even the inside stringy big has come off.

I don't know why

it's probably from the light switch, I had similar happen with a shipment of ric florida I stuck right in the center of a tank once. They don't take well to suddenly having light increase

it's probably from the light switch, I had similar happen with a shipment of ric florida I stuck right in the center of a tank once. They don't take well to suddenly having light increase

It started before the new light and since then it just went downhill, I think it was due to a bad acclimation and it was in the dealers tank stressed out because it want attached to a rock. And nothing helped it. Poor thing, I got it for £1 though

As the title says do I get a hob filter that will surface skimm the muck off the top and so I can run carbon, filterfloss and upgrade the flow in my tank. Or do I buy some hardy sps?

I vote HOB....

Ok

+1 HOB, I made the mistake before of going for livestock over going for equipment, patience is key.

and hob it is, ty guys

What one did you get?

Just a cheapo one from all pond solutions. The 600ho model. It will be noisy but it can't be worse than the pump at the moment lol. It is just until I get the upgrade. I will maybe put a small fuge in one side, maybe. Colin loves the pods. On that note:

THE POD PARTY IS OVER!

My zoas,modes anyone know what they are?

20141023_073046.jpg

And an updated FTS with the first set of lights on, so it is very blue

20141023_073110.jpg

And Colin the cherub is doing absolutely fine and the upgrade is coming soon :) all I need now is the tank and some pipe and rock and the cycle and fish and corals and everything else with a new tank

Those are definitely zoas, that's as much as I can tell you.

Lol, I don't know if I made it clear but I meant the type of zoas :D

Maybe, just maybe instead of upgrading to a cube I could use my used to be 60g reef tank that is now freshwater as the upgrade, just maybe. It will cost me all my money to get this thing going and it will take me 20yrs to get the rock out the back but I want to set it up simply as possible.

imagejpg1-1.jpg

do it

do it right now

ok, but i have problems...

the bulkhead is siliconed in

there is no space in the weir for a herbie or durso

I could cut the weir away to make it fit but im not sure how to make a new one and cut the teeth

any help would be appreciated

also the cherub, colin, wil love this

you can have an external durso too, perhaps?

there isnt enogh room inside the overflow box...to have the elbows becaise the holes are very close to the top

you don't need an internal elbow, just a bulkhead and a mesh grate, the entire durso manifold can be built outside the tank :D

(also I'd potentially return your HOB if you're going this route)

you don't need an internal elbow, just a bulkhead and a mesh grate, the entire durso manifold can be built outside the tank :D

(also I'd potentially return your HOB if you're going this route)

ill use the hob on the pico, but it will be freshwater, for my harlequin rasboras.

and with the durso, how do i get it completely silent? more air? or should i make it adjustable... ill look into it. in the meantime i am making a 16g tall tank for the cherub while im slowly building the 60g :)

Archived