ReefCleaners.org

IT'S BACK! - 4G Pico

k4ndyk1ng

I may have a spare E27 LED bulb I can post to you if you're nearby btw, it's not got any blue but you'll be able to grow some stuff under it in the mean time

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may have a spare E27 LED bulb I can post to you if you're nearby btw, it's not got any blue but you'll be able to grow some stuff under it in the mean time

Thanks mate but I'm just going to wait, thanks for your kindness though

No prob dude. I'd look into also a heatsink + driver + 10w LED and lens, it's what I've got. The light intensity and color is about the same, mounting it is slightly tougher but being a single point source of light, the shimmer is unparalleled. it'll also work out to about 15-20 pound

No prob dude. I'd look into also a heatsink + driver + 10w LED and lens, it's what I've got. The light intensity and color is about the same, mounting it is slightly tougher but being a single point source of light, the shimmer is unparalleled. it'll also work out to about 15-20 pound

Do they sell all this stuff in the uk, I have seen all of the rapid led stuff but nothing in the uk

They do, I've found my stuff on eBay, it's a bit of a pain trying to find a seller that doesn't dropship from China but it's worth it IMO. Make a profile on Ultimatereef.net if you haven't they have a pretty sweet classifieds

They do, I've found my stuff on eBay, it's a bit of a pain trying to find a seller that doesn't dropship from China but it's worth it IMO. Make a profile on Ultimatereef.net if you haven't they have a pretty sweet classifieds

Ok thanks man, off to ultimate reef to get 50 posts lol

Sorry about the lack of updates, i am just bogged down in school work fml lol. Well, if you wanna be a vet the shit is tough.

Work.png

electronics my arse :(

ROFL #### this bb, already it is covered in coraline algae and the tank is 2 weeks old, like i mean covered, im going to get very big substrate for this tank so it doesnt get blown everywhere.

Man i knew it grew fast but not THIS fast!!

Pictures to follow....

Is that really coralline ?! How the hell.... :o

Ikr, I thought it was just really tough dirt but it won't come off unless I use a metal blade. But the bottom is COVERED in this stuff

Higher than normal calcium?
I'm using the same salt mix as I did on my 60g and all the levels were fine. I don't have any test kits atm because I am poor lol.

Hence I don't have any livestock I specifically bought except the snail

Looking good.

Had a look at your tank, it is fantastic. Will the firefish be moved to a larger tank or will he be ok in a 4g?

The bottom would look really cool covered in coralline algae if your going bare bottom.

Also you mentioned using a sump but didn't want to drill. A hang on the back over flow box would work just fine and you can pipe your return up to the tank with pvc. I have a piece of black pvc that runs the distance of one of my tanks at the top on the return with holes drilled in it to have a spray bar effect. It distributes flow very nicely. If your going sps a sump would make it easier to maintain IMO and give you a place for your HOB filtration, heater, possibly some macro algae etc.. Great progress so far. It looks really oool.

Would it be possible to keep any harder corals with just a 40w desk lamp? Like sps? Or maybe a bit less like zoas

If you get a quality par38/par30 bulb you wouldn't have a problem keeping SPS with that. I would worry more about water quality.

If you get a quality par38/par30 bulb you wouldn't have a problem keeping SPS with that. I would worry more about water quality.

Exactly what I was trying to imply

Well yes but what kind of bulb is in the lamp,

It is just a normal bulb, not a swirly one

The bottom would look really cool covered in coralline algae if your going bare bottom.Also you mentioned using a sump but didn't want to drill. A hang on the back over flow box would work just fine and you can pipe your return up to the tank with pvc. I have a piece of black pvc that runs the distance of one of my tanks at the top on the return with holes drilled in it to have a spray bar effect. It distributes flow very nicely. If your going sps a sump would make it easier to maintain IMO and give you a place for your HOB filtration, heater, possibly some macro algae etc.. Great progress so far. It looks really oool.

I think the sump mention was about a 16g that I am planning to get, this tank is becoming an AIO.

Ok thanks man, this light seems to be growing my 1 shroom really fast

How yellow of a light is, the yellower the faster it will gro

W your corals but will lack colour, a desk lamp isn't really a good choice unless you replace the bulb with something more reef suited

Archived