SaltCritters.com

blenny id

KennioSays

Will have to see a pic. Midas can vary in color when stress but also come in a few color forms. Yellow and blue but mine was pink for awhile.

He turns dark brown/black and blotchy when stressed.

Can't see the coloring clearly, but he's in camo-mode (white blotches/specks on body) so I'm guessing he's stressed out atm. Give it a few days, or try to snap a pic of him under non-blue lighting if possible. The tail makes it look like a forktail blenny but the eye markings are absent. So I'm guessing it's a severely stressed Midas, and possibly a bluish/black variant. I could be wrong though.

Yeah maybe the lfs had him for a week he got a shipment of three Midas blenny which one was yellow and sold the other one was a bi color blenny and than this guy . Its definitely not a forktail

Yeah maybe the lfs had him for a week he got a shipment of three Midas blenny which one was yellow and sold the other one was a bi color blenny and than this guy . Its definitely not a forktail

Maybe this guy?

http://www.myfishtank.net/saltwater-fish/blennies/black-combtooth-blenny/]

I believe it is also called a tribal blenny. They don't always have very pronounced markings.

So... Ecsenius namiyei is my best guess.

Hmmm the tribal has the same head type as the Midas but yeah it. Does look like that however the tribal has a wider back end and a short stubby tail this one doesn't

May be a African blue midas blenny. I have a blue one. His eyes are black and his body is a dark shimmery blue.

Midas can change colors dramatically. Mine was light blue/black > yellow/pink > dark blue/black. When stressed, they get splotchy.

It's just too hard to tell from the pics. Here is some blue ones:

IMG_3057.jpg

10989937114_15db5453c2.jpg

Update. So I did manage to get better pics and will upload them soon. The fish it still black on the upper half and grey on the bottom half but now his bottom fin and tail fins are completely yellow

• 1 month later...

Archived