Innovative Marine Aquariums

areSad...drunk...drone blew up

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

Sigh I've had a non stop horrible day.I came to nanoreefs to try and have some peace and hopefully a laugh or two...maybe meet someone nice funny or just get out of today's rut.

I woke up and decided to rework some wires on my uav and landed up toasting 4 electronic speed controlers.Escs they are called.The silver PC's on the miltorotor.Well had to check a receiver that wasn't powering up and landed up frying a motor doing that.200 dollars in damage and a lot of electronics work and testing to do to fix all of this mess.My room smells like burnt up electronics and I am very unhappy.Ordering parts is being a nightmare and I'm just plain stressed out.I come here every so often and this is my little getaway from the world news and all the bad things in the world.Which there seems to be many bad things going on but I won't drag world news into this because its depressing.I'm bummed out and would just like a little insipration into makeing my life or tank better.Here's a picture of one of my hobbys which is very fun.I'll be here having some shots of vodka and I hope someone wants to chat since I could use that.

IMG_20140830_195731.jpg

Builder Anthony

Ya I have a go pro but government watches YouTube for multi rotors to see if they are breaking the law or flying above the 400 ft allowed airspace legally flyable by rc aircraft so I don't take any chances but flying at 375 feet is awesome.Its nice to meet u I've been around a.few years here and find it my favorite website.I think.it makes me better person and well I'm all stressed out.Do you have a front tank shot?I also have a 808 # 16 spy camera used for its lite weightedness.Something u may be intredted in for a dash am for 75 bucks.

Cool see another quadcopter nerd here on Nano Reef :) Here's a pic of mine. it's not broken yet cause I really suck at flying them so I never fly them. Hah.
aE29Nk5.jpg
I feel your pain about the world though. News sucks. But I wouldn't go as far as to be so paranoid about posting videos of you flying around on Youtube. I think the government can/should have a lot more horrible videos they could be scouring youtube for in order to "protect us". Ya know what I mean? Either way you and I both know some of the ludicracy that is these new UAV proposed FAA laws/restrictions. No better than the laws on the marine hobby popping up.

You would be surprised though, aviation in the US is highly regulated on the commercial/airline level but I'm a private pilot and most people dont realize how lax and easy it is to just go rent a plane for a hour and fly around. Of course all good things come to pass they say... or something like that?

Agreed^^^ glad to see another in the hobby. I dont own a quad but do own 3× trex 450'$ and an mcpx. They have been acting as bookends for the last year and a half. I got sucked into modding my rides and buying a house as well as getting back into the reef hobby. I miss it. Nothing like flying 3d and scaring the crap outta yourself when you almost crash or have a close call. Very expensive when things break.

Heres a quick pic

20140913_194905_zpsgpw1b2ss.jpg

Those are awesome! Do you guys have the ability to live stream video to a laptop or TV like a real UAV?

Mine dont but im sure its possible with the right equip. I can fly upside down, vertical, barrels etc. Fun but scary at the same time. Ive had my heli chase me down after I lost it in the sun and slam into my back, ripped a nice chunk of skin out and caused about 150$ in damage to the bird. I can easily pitch pump over 400ft. Its awesome!! Need to find a field and get them running again.

Heres a vid, not me but an example showing the upside down flight capabilities. I use pheniox flight sim for training. If you can fly in the sim and do exactly as you did on the sim in the field, you can fly a great time

RC Helicopter evening madness crazy epic stunts u:

That truly sucks and I'm really sorry to hear about your setback. On a more positive note - really nice built quality on that model, BuilderAnthony. Looks like one of the mini designs, guessing from the tile count. Custom/kit?

I haven't been able to indulge my other expensive hobby in quite some time due to various circumstances (2nd baby, easily spooked rescue dog, etc). but I know how quickly part money adds up. Maybe try the classifieds on Helifreak or RCgroups to see if someone's selling replacement speed controllers & multi motor packs on the cheap?

I only have a couple of elderly mCX's I buzz around the living room once in a blue moon, but a nice quad kit would probably be just the right mix of self-stabilizing & power to make me feel OK about risking outdoor flight again. If you think reefing's expensive - try $50+ & time to repair per crash when trying to "work up" to fixed/collective pitch craft, let alone your unfortunate wiring accident. At least the ultralights can handle a tumble onto carpet without destroying themselves, usually.

Builder Anthony

Ya its a custom build.Parts from here and there.I feel better after getting parts ordered but there's a lot of soldering to do.

Live stream is possible if you look into fpv gear.I lost my receiver for fpv so I'm not flying fpv at the moment or flying ..... that sucks.

Well tommrows another day.

Archived