SaltCritters.com

25G SPS Home Office Cube

ouling

My tank is losing 10 ppm calcium and 3 dkh of alk a day.

Is this normal?? I've heard 1 - 2 but never 3 dkh drop in 24 hours or less.

With the size of those colonies i wouldnt doubt it. Unless your mag is off or something else.

I bought that nano zeo pack twice while on sale. Am I nuts or do you run out of 2 with plenty sponge power and coral food left.

Interested to see your xr15 graph. I have a 27g cube but mixed reef. Would be interesting to compare graphs on similar dimension tanks

I bought that nano zeo pack twice while on sale. Am I nuts or do you run out of 2 with plenty sponge power and coral food left.

Interested to see your xr15 graph. I have a 27g cube but mixed reef. Would be interesting to compare graphs on similar dimension tanks

You are correct. The amino and Pohl special last 10 days. So I went out and got the 500ml

I assume a 20% weekly water change would cover Mg. What's the relationship between Mg and fast depletion of Alk?

Low Mag levels can increase depletion of both Alk and Cal. Mag should be kept above 1300ppm realistically. I am aiming for around 1350-1400ppm myself for my SPS. Even at that level I use roughly 2+dKH of Alk daily.

• 1 month later...

Archived