Top Shelf Aquatics

Loretta's Fluval Spec V

rawlins06

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a little rescaping. Now I have a nice rock for scans and more area for zoas and palys. The rock on the left is going to be for mushrooms. Two of my palys are sprouting new heads. For some reason my Ric is pissed today. Going to test the water in a little bit.IMG_20141105_075312914_HDR_zpst0wjljx7.j

• 2 weeks later...

Came home to my pump chamber almost dry. Need to keep filtration media to a minimum so water can move through fast enough. Also picked up a refractometer cheap from a fellow local reefer! My hydrometer was losing accuracy.

What a great start to a tank!!! What happened to your floating rock? I really liked that.

Looking good! I will be following along.

Thanks! The rock was creating too much shadow. When I upgrade and have more foot space I'm going to do it again.

My acan has been in a rapid decline. Found out last night that peppermint shrimps have been known to eat them among other corals. Rehomed the shrimp to a local reefers sump this morning. Hope it makes a come back.

:(IMG_20141126_165512382_HDR_zpsqdm2ommv.j

• 2 weeks later...

The shrimp is gone and my acan is no longer getting worse. I have three heads left that might make it. My ricordea is no longer pissed through out the day any more either.

Picked up a couple more zoas.IMG_20141204_185248853_HDR_zps2ovrikou.j

IMG_20141204_173327311_HDR_zpsoc1wojxp.j

I just added a peppermint to my spec... How did you catch yours without tearing down the tank?

I should have done more research but when I got him based on liveaquaria they said reef safe, a quick search proved that wrong...

I just added a peppermint to my spec... How did you catch yours without tearing down the tank?

I should have done more research but when I got him based on liveaquaria they said reef safe, a quick search proved that wrong...

I had to take out my rocks and the guy who took my shrimp netted it for me.

• 2 months later...

Archived