inTank Media Baskets

Islandoftiki's Hawaiian adventure!

Islandoftiki

Aloha friends!

As I mentioned before, we're well into whale season here in Hawaii. Again, this year, the numbers are low, but with a little luck and knowing where they frequent, we've managed to stick ourselves in good spots to see the whales as they swim by. These buggers are FAST. There's no chance of catching up to one in a kayak, so you just have to try to be in the right place at the right time.

Here we are in the right place at the right time.

• Like 5

That would be me, I'd keep paddling closer to go see. One day somewhere I will. It's on my bucket list to see whales, somewhere.

Here! You come here to see whales... And you rent our ohana at a discounted rate. You can do Hawaii on the cheap and probably get more out of it than if you did all of the expensive tourist junk. So, it's really down to airfare, rental car and very reasonably priced lodging. Kayak rentals down the road are pretty inexpensive. And where do we see the greatest concentration of whales? At the bottom of our street.

• Like 2

Here! You come here to see whales... And you rent our ohana at a discounted rate. You can do Hawaii on the cheap and probably get more out of it than if you did all of the expensive tourist junk. So, it's really down to airfare, rental car and very reasonably priced lodging. Kayak rentals down the road are pretty inexpensive. And where do we see the greatest concentration of whales? At the bottom of our street.

Yes, I will definitely come out one day. Just need to put some money away.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
Islandoftiki

Long time not update guys, there's much to share and I'm way behind in getting all of the videos processed and uploaded.  Two words:  Baby goats.

And here's something exceptionally cool.  Pamela just got back from a short trip to the mainland.  For quite some time, she's been planning to get a tattoo of something very dear to her heart:

20170507_102426_zps1jj3ulwb.jpg

As you'll recall, she hand tamed our mantis shrimp, Betty.

More updates coming soon!  Baby goats!

• Like 7
FlowerMama

Love her tattoo!!!  They did a wonderful job on her.    She will always be remembered forever.  I still cry every time I see this video.  Still cry about my own too.  

and yes!!  Want to see baby goats!!!  My sister showed me a peacock available but it was already 8" long on a site she found.  No I want them younger, much smaller so I can have them longer and teach it.  Her tattoo inspired me.   Starting tomorrow I'm going to start cleaning up Gert's  20g so maybe I can get one before this year is over..    Right now it only has the 6 line, the leather and the curlique anemone, and a gsp covered rock and other messy, green rocks w/ algae on them, and cyano.  

• Like 2
SquishyFishy

Hey John, how are you and all?

We'll be in the islands in October but not on yours Dang it!  Just a flight into Honolulu and some visits with family.  But think of you guys from time to time.  Hows the rental coming?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Islandoftiki

Ok, I'm sorry, it took me a long time to throw a bunch of these videos together.  Feel free to fast forward as it ended up a little over 30 minutes long!

What I have for you is out baby goats going from just born to about 5 weeks old!  They grow up so fast!

I hope you enjoy!  I skipped adding music so I could get this posted finally.

I'll add more videos of them soon!  They're getting really big!

• Like 4
Islandoftiki

Oh... Names:  The black one with the white blaze in Spark, the tri-color is Coconut.  They are both girls and were born from Syria one week ahead of the boys.  Coconut has blue eyes and horns and Spark has brown eyes and no horns.

The two white ones are Pi and Cob (short for Cobbler) who were born to Cherry.  Get it?  Cherry's Pi and Cherry's Cobbler.  They are both boys and get easier to tell apart as they get older.  Pi has the horns and blue eyes and Cob has brown eyes and no horns.

Fast forward to last week... Grandma is a bad influence helping the babies climb the tree!

• Like 6
  • 2 years later...
Islandoftiki

Aloha gang!  It's been a long time since my last post!  Our baby goats are all grown up (and wonderful).  I've started my own business with a partner about a year and a half ago (Kona European Auto Repair) which is doing extremely well.  We have a zillion ducks now and about 21 chickens. Geronimo the donkey still frequents our place from our neighbor's field and now has a shelter that we built.  I've got two rescue betta fish and I'm still Jonesing to set up a saltwater tank again!  And starting next week, I start my PADI scuba training (I'm working on the online coursework this weekend).  So, given what little time I have in my life these days, I'm hoping to share with you some really interesting photos and videos of diving on The Big Island of Hawaii.  I hope all of you are well and if I can find the time, I'll post some updates, but unfortunately, being a business owner eats up much of my time at this point.

I'd love to hear what you all are up to these days!  Share your current endeavors here!

Mahalo nui loa,

Islandoftiki 

• Like 6
On 8/4/2019 at 7:51 PM, Islandoftiki said:

Aloha gang!  It's been a long time since my last post!  Our baby goats are all grown up (and wonderful).  I've started my own business with a partner about a year and a half ago (Kona European Auto Repair) which is doing extremely well.  We have a zillion ducks now and about 21 chickens. Geronimo the donkey still frequents our place from our neighbor's field and now has a shelter that we built.  I've got two rescue betta fish and I'm still Jonesing to set up a saltwater tank again!  And starting next week, I start my PADI scuba training (I'm working on the online coursework this weekend).  So, given what little time I have in my life these days, I'm hoping to share with you some really interesting photos and videos of diving on The Big Island of Hawaii.  I hope all of you are well and if I can find the time, I'll post some updates, but unfortunately, being a business owner eats up much of my time at this point.

I'd love to hear what you all are up to these days!  Share your current endeavors here!

Mahalo nui loa,

Islandoftiki 

Whoaaaa welcome back 🙂 there are a few people here from hawaii...one of the pico contests here is one such tank. It's very cool and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Any mantis shrimp you can catch there? 😮

• 1 year later...