Cultivated Reef

Looking for a Rimless starfire nano perfect for Zoo garden.

Kajuta

Are there any venders that specalize in starfire tanks I can order online?

Im not having much luck finding something small for a humble zoo garden to get my self back into the hobby. Im hoping to keep it under 30g and 12" tall rimless. Preferably center overflow and 4 sides rimless viewable.

THX

thx. i just sent an email to Gcages with some specs and questions.

Anyone here have experience with a center column overflow?

I was thinking of having the tank viewable from 4 sides instead of three, but am concerned about having light being diffused too much from a center hanging light.

Or should I just consider a corner overflow and be done with it.

thx. i just sent an email to Gcages with some specs and questions.

Anyone here have experience with a center column overflow?

I was thinking of having the tank viewable from 4 sides instead of three, but am concerned about having light being diffused too much from a center hanging light.

Or should I just consider a corner overflow and be done with it.

You could do a back wall centered overflow.. a true tank centered overflow in a small tank take a lot of the real estate.

PicO does custom. I actually just placed an order with him. Great to work with and I havent received my tank yet but he has gotten awesome reviews on here.

PicO does custom. I actually just placed an order with him. Great to work with and I havent received my tank yet but he has gotten awesome reviews on here.

Is it starfire glass?

I just got my quote from glasscages starfire tank.

Not exactly cheap. 24x24x16 with 2 holes and overflow. $603 + shipping and tax.

And that's not even including a stand. Bit steep IMO but anyways, I guess Ill still keep shopping.

Is it starfire glass?

I just got my quote from glasscages starfire tank.

Not exactly cheap. 24x24x16 with 2 holes and overflow. $603 + shipping and tax.

And that's not even including a stand. Bit steep IMO but anyways, I guess Ill still keep shopping.

ew thats like 200$ in glass... and the way GC glues stuff together I would rather buy the glass and do it myself, search the forum for some of the reviews of them.

Yes starfire is safe.

ew thats like 200$ in glass... and the way GC glues stuff together I would rather buy the glass and do it myself, search the forum for some of the reviews of them.

Yes starfire is safe.

+1 glasscages sucks!
  • 2 weeks later...

Solana and Mr. Aqua make great low iron cubes (Starfire is a brand name low iron glass). You can drill and overflow with a kit from Glass Holes.

For something smaller I recommend picO or CADlights. I am currently setting up a CADlights 8 (also low iron and stunningly clear). I simply ordered the tank without the lights -as I would have discarded them anyway. Also know that most of us upgrade the pumps on these to something a lot more powerful!

Pico all the way. Almost bought one of his garage sale tanks for a simple setup, until he showed me a custom overflow he did for another customer and I quickly changed heard from a 15 gallon bedroom tank to replanning a larger custom tank.

Archived