Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pods, shrimps and grass-like things?

jabeuy

I bought 8 lettuce sea slugs.

Almost completely erradicated my bryopsis outbreak.

It did have me thinking that bryopsis in an enclosed Algae Turf Scrubber would be awesome.

Thanks farkwar. The lettuce sea slugs looks neat. Might pick some up if I can find them in Canada.

Got rid of the bryopsis problem areas from before. But there is also this other plug that has hairy things coming out of it. Doesn't look like bryopsis to me, nor does it looks like GHA.

bldpO0D.jpg

Bryopsis. I vote for taking out the fray and a 50% 3%H2O2/ 50% Tank water dip for a few minutes.

The entire frag dipped? Not just the frag plug portion right?

Or I sorta wanna remove it from the plug and put it on a new plug, but not sure how to get it off. I tried sliding a razor blade under another acan...and let's just say I lost the acan :(

Yea. The same thing happen to me, soon a few spouts of bryopsis turned into an infestation. Try the Zoa's first they are pretty hardy. Then see how it worked.

I would be careful with the Blastomussa wellsi. I have successfully done it on favites and acans but they were angry.

Removing corals from the plug and be dangerous. Zoeas will do fine with the dip. They also have a palytoxin so if you plan cut them, wear gloves and goggles.

With the Blastomussa try getting bone cutters on popping it of the plug and moving it to a new plug. Press at the level of the skeleton and plug. Yours looks like it has grow oversome what making that harder to do.

I am going to try to mix baking soda and H2O2 and use a qtip to spot treat some of my frags over this weekend that also have a turf algae problem. Will take pictures and let you know how it goes.

Removing corals from the plug and be dangerous. Zoeas will do fine with the dip. They also have a palytoxin so if you plan cut them, wear gloves and goggles.

With the Blastomussa try getting bone cutters on popping it of the plug and moving it to a new plug. Press at the level of the skeleton and plug. Yours looks like it has grow oversome what making that harder to do.

I am going to try to mix baking soda and H2O2 and use a qtip to spot treat some of my frags over this weekend that also have a turf algae problem. Will take pictures and let you know how it goes.

Thanks. The q-tip idea is good. I might just try dipping the plug portion into H2O2, or swabbing a qtip on it.

Archived