SaltCritters.com

Lfs pictures

atrox

Due to my location the LFS in my area is :/. Wondering if those that have a cool lfs can post pics of what you get to look forward too. Figure this could be a cool thread to showcase some cool lfs and add them too all of our lfs bucket list.

my lfs has a no pics policy, wierd but whatever.

Yea I was kind of wondering if mine didn't have the same rule...

What's the point of no picture policy? Competitors?

Some have that because other LFS will change their prices to out compete other stores. They would send in their "spies" to take pics of the inventory and use that to know what their competitors are selling and pricing inventory.

Living Reef Orlando, one of my absolute favorite saltwater stores. This place is amazing, great coral and fish selection with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

PS my crappy cell phone pics do not do this store justice, there's just so much to see here. I spent at least 20-30 mins looking every time I go. I make myself a promise not to buy anything before I walk in, except water, but usually walk out with at least one frag if not more. They also have some of the most killer designer corals out there. This store is cutting edge. I've been to a few mom and pops that are still stuck in the 90's.

Jg4XKzo.jpg

Wall of fish

2RMoRma.jpg

Frag tanks

iuepnu1.jpg

cRoL5wC.jpg

2JLb4of.jpg

FxSzMbF.jpg

NCGUaCa.jpg

faayJhT.jpg

YZkAWSo.jpg

I sheepishly asked one of the guys if I could take pictures, feeling pretty dorky, and he laughed and said the business didn't mind.

If you're in the central florida area, it's worth the trip. Sea in the City is the other store I frequent, and although it's smaller, their selection is just as great and the staff is very helpful. Neither of these stores will push a sale on customers. At Sea in the City I even heard one of the employees (politely) refusing to sell a tang to someone with a 29gal reef, and redirected them to something more appropriate.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for hijacking.... I'll be in Orlando during the next few days. Which are the must-visit LFSs in the area? This one for sure + ? Thanks!

If you're in the central florida area, it's worth the trip. Sea in the City is the other store I frequent, and although it's smaller, their selection is just as great and the staff is very helpful. Neither of these stores will push a sale on customers. At Sea in the City I even heard one of the employees (politely) refusing to sell a tang to someone with a 29gal reef, and redirected them to something more appropriate.

I guess this is where I will stop next time I am in Orlando. I was there a few weeks ago and stopped at Living Reef. The guys were awesome in there and boxed up my corals for the plane ride home. Havok you go to UCF?

If you are coming to ORlando, here is the low down. I have pretty much visited them all now.

Top Shelf aquatics is probably my favorite for all around. They have good prices and a great selection.

Living Reef is nice. They have beautiful Reef Savy tanks blanketing the store. Usually pretty decent selection. Dry good prices are astronomical.

World Wide Coral - Probably the most talked about store in Orlando and the most famous on a large scale. Very high quality coral, but prices are also pretty high. They have some of the most amazing display tanks in the city, though. This is definitely worth visiting.

Sea in the City - Small store with very good quality fish with an emphasis on clown selection. coral is pretty nice too, but I didn't really look too much as I was there for a clown.

Ocean Blue - Not much to talk about as for coral, but they have some of the healthiest looking fish in Orlando.

I may have missed a couple, but as far as I am concerned those are the 5 stores in the Orlando area that are worth visiting for 1 reason or another.

NP. I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the stores next time I am there, other than Living Reef as Havok already covered that. If anyone is interested, I know WWC has a thread over on R2R showing some of their new farm and growout that they are building.....its pretty epic. I luckily got to see some of it in person last time I was there and all I can say is WOW!

Deleted User 8

If I owned any of the LFS around here the last thing I would want is CURRENT pics of my store posted anywhere.
They are all pretty bad.

There is one shop here that has pics on a website that must have been when they opened. Go there today and you will see all manner of pests and aiptasia (that they call rock anemones). I laughed when they said that they wouldn't charge extra for the ones attached to frag plugs. :blink:

Buzz

World wide corals and top shelf aquatics in Orlando are the best in the area for me for price, color, and selection. You will be amazed at WWC 500GAL reef. The bottom is almost covered in encrusting corals it's stunning.

Ok. So i went to WWC earlier today and bought a few frags. I guess i had higher expectations when it comes to corals. Prices were high but the 30% black friday discount made a difference. I got 5 frags which i'll pick up on my way back to miami.

Oh. Their display tanks are gorgeous!

Thanks again for the tips.

Also went to top shelf and they had an im 30g $200 off for black friday. Very tempting but a bit too wide for my spot at home. Prices were more reasonable than WWC but WWC had the edge on quality as you guys said. No more impulse buys!! Lol

Ok. So i went to WWC earlier today and bought a few frags. I guess i had higher expectations when it comes to corals. Prices were high but the 30% black friday discount made a difference. I got 5 frags which i'll pick up on my way back to miami.

Oh. Their display tanks are gorgeous!

Thanks again for the tips.

You're from Miami??

I would imagine there would be some pretty amazing LFS down there?? :unsure:

You're from Miami??

I would imagine there would be some pretty amazing LFS down there?? :unsure:

There are some good ones... I am new at this and have not visited the ones in the ft Lauderdale are but the ones i visited today Orlando have more frags that the ones I shop at in Miami. I did go to a frag swap in ft Lauderdale a few weeks ago and that was the bomb. Definitely the way to go for quality and variety. I also did a pick up at reef gardener and she has a great operation and very nice corals.

Archived