inTank Media Baskets

Clownfish committed suicide!

{8ry}

I had a pair of true perculas for about 3-4 weeks and they were happy as can be. I woke up this morning to find one on carpet next to my tank all dried up! :(

I have a glass hood on my tank, with only the back 1.5" or so uncovered, I never bothered cutting the clear vinyl piece that came with the hood and of course I threw it out last week. The damn thing found the only open spot and jumped out!!

I've had this happen with FW and it still sucks...just REALLY sucks with a $15 fish! I can't imagine this happening with an even more expensive fish!!

Try a $130 blue spot jawfish... $40 dottyback... $26 wrasse

It does suck because it gets expensive but also time and attachment. Sorry for the loss!

So cover the whole top of the tank. No more issues.

Yup, that's what I'm going to do, just figures that he found the one 10% open area!!

Anyone know where you can get a replacement back strip that comes with all glass tops?

Yeah, damsels like to jump, among others.

Are you talking about the clear vinyl? I've never seen it sold separately, but I've also never actively looked. You could make a custom mesh or acrylic lid to fit your tank perfectly! If you get the space for wires in the tank (if any) figured out ahead of time, there'd be no gaps at all.

I'm not so sure they "like" to jump.

To me, jumpers have always seemed to be indicative of a stress factor they try to get away from, at least with clowns and damsels.

xD 'Like' was maybe not the word I should've used. 'Have a tendency to' may have been a better choice. When given the option, fish will explore. Cue Star Trek, because they'll boldly go where no fish has gone before. ...That rhymed.

Anyway, lids are important.

Yup, that's what I'm going to do, just figures that he found the one 10% open area!!

Anyone know where you can get a replacement back strip that comes with all glass tops?

They tend to jump around the edges so finding the open spot happens quite a bit. Some fish like jawfish actually circle the top looking for open spots.

I went to feed my fish yesterday and opened the top 2 inches to feed and my midas blenny came flying out onto the floor :eek:

I went to feed my fish yesterday and opened the top 2 inches to feed and my midas blenny came flying out onto the floor :eek:

It obviously thought the food service was too slow. You gotta keep up with demand, man, or the fish will come after you. :ninja:

I had a clownfish that did the same thing, only it was a screen top with a less than 1/2 inch gap. Needless to say, that gap has been fixed.

Sorry about your little clown. :-(

Archived