Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Panorama Pro's on 40 Breeder

italipinos8

Are 4 panorama pro modules enough to light a 40B? I am upgrading my biocube 29 to the 40B that i got over the weekend and already have 2 panorama pros that i used on my biocube 29.

I could get 2 more for $100. Really on a budget and cant afford a whole new lighting fixture. I used google but cant seem to find anyone with the pros on a 40b. Thoughts?

Yehp. Check out the PAR readings. If you want one power plug and no external timers to plug into, the superlux is basically the same thing with that functionality.

SpankythePyro

One fixture gives you a 6-8" squared aread at the center of the tank to grow SPS per reefbreeder, I asked them a couple days ago.

You want major SPS then go 32" photon they said

I only have birdsnest and some montipora, nothing to serious. Can't seem to find much info on the superlux. How much does that run compared to the value fixture?

And what's the difference between the reef breeders and the evergrow lights besides the price? They almost seem the same

One fixture gives you a 6-8" squared aread at the center of the tank to grow SPS per reefbreeder, I asked them a couple days ago.

You want major SPS then go 32" photon they said

Is that at the sandbed? With the 90 degree optics, their value fixture chart measures 400 when 18" under the light (the bottom pane of glass). Just under the fixture, 1500. So bringing the entire fixture up would give better coverage, as well as give space for lower light corals towards the bottom half/quarter of the aquarium. And not scorch whatever's placed towards the top of the tank.

I only have birdsnest and some montipora, nothing to serious. Can't seem to find much info on the superlux. How much does that run compared to the value fixture?

The Superlux with 90 degree optics is the same price as the Value Fixture with the same optics, and includes control over timing.

SpankythePyro

You would have to ask them for a more detailed PAR readout that has area or look on their website, remember it will also drop with water agitaton. Remember these lights are only 16"x8.5" although optics do help.

Looking at the website they have a picture and it looks to be top pof tank 6x6 area for SPS, and I'm not sure how high that is off the top of the tank or if that is from on top of the tank

I think for the needs of the tank, a value fixture should be fine. The area for SPS will widen the further up one goes until the optics are the limiting factor, and then LPS and softies will have space away from the 'center' showpiece(s). If the tank's going to be SPS dominant, though, it'll be better to look into lights that can span the width of the tank. And then budget really will play into feasibility, if those aren't within the price range.

While the value fixtures seem nice, I am leaning towards the evergrows. Much cheaper, and they are technically the same thing. Decent reviews I am finding on them too. They seem to be more within my budget

For a deeper tank, 90 would be good. You'll need the light to penetrate further into the tank. Check out the par readings on the website and see what your coral layout would require?

Archived