Top Shelf Aquatics

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, in that it's a new design, I haven't heard any problems about the Fusion series and MD has been great to work with so far. IM has been kind of difficult to communicate with, but I think it'll work out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let's talk fish, folks. My wife wants blue in the tank, so one option would be a yellowtail damsel or something like that.

I definitely want a firefish - that's a guarantee. Would a damsel be ok with that fish?

What about a possum wrasse? I think this tank might be a bit small.

What about a neon goby? Blue, docile, and small.

True, and I could get a tank-bred one.

Could a firefish, neon blue goby and a small clown work in this tank or should I stick to 2 fish only?

Maybe a Springer's Damsel? They're generally considered peaceful. I don't know if a 2 or 3 fish tank should have a damsel at all though..you're taking a chance that they'll be agressive...maybe add it after all of the other fish are established?

Springeri:

p-39339-blue-saphire-damse.jpg

Maybe a Springer's Damsel? They're generally considered peaceful. I don't know if a 2 or 3 fish tank should have a damsel at all though..you're taking a chance that they'll be agressive...maybe add it after all of the other fish are established?

Springeri:

p-39339-blue-saphire-damse.jpg

Yeah, that's the problem. Damsels can be mean. I think I may go firefish and neon goby.

I've had neon gobies in my current tank before...I do like them...but they're really small. I lost one during a waterchange once...no idea what happened to it...I was sad :(

Edit: What about a pair of Purple Firefish? Would that be close enough to blue to satisfy the wife?

The firefish are nice, and the purple ones especially, but I am afraid that with a display of <8g I might not even be able to truly keep 1. They are super skittish and will likely hide all the time. I want to see my fish.

Not like it matters right now anyways. Marine Depot and I have been in contact with each other and while they got a shipment from IM, my tank will still be back-ordered as they have enough other back-orders to fill with this shipment. I ordered my tank 12 days ago :(

Maybe instead of a neon goby, look at a sharknose goby. A coworker has one and it is very easy going, not shy or agressive.

Im pretty unhappy about the wait time for this little tank as well. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and still no tank. Hope it doesnt have any issues, because it is well over the 2 week warranty at this point, and still not even shipped.

Ugh. Getting the run around with these companies has not been very pleasant. If my LFS had any locally (they dont) I would have cancelled my order long ago.

I contacted IM about the warranty and they put me in the system so all I have to do is give them the serial number and it'll be good. The warranty is kind of crap, too, to be honest. Multiple people on here have to pay to ship the new tank, plus pay for the new tank, and pay to ship the bad one back. If IM agrees after inspecting, then they refund the cost of the new tank but you are still out the rest of it.

If the tank fails, I won't even bother with the warranty. After all this, a tank failure would eliminate any and all future business with IM.

Maybe instead of a neon goby, look at a sharknose goby. A coworker has one and it is very easy going, not shy or agressive.

Im pretty unhappy about the wait time for this little tank as well. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and still no tank. Hope it doesnt have any issues, because it is well over the 2 week warranty at this point, and still not even shipped.

Ugh. Getting the run around with these companies has not been very pleasant. If my LFS had any locally (they dont) I would have cancelled my order long ago.

I have no problem with MD. They can't ship what they don't have.

Can I get a tank-bred sharknose?

This is actually what I had in my 5g, they are active but they are small. If you don't know of an LFS that carries these you can call ORA to see if there is a vendor in your area that orders from them and see if they will place the order for you. They only came in at about 1", very hard to keep track of in a small take when you're doing maintenance...and they can easily get sucked into a siphon.

Not trying to sway you from these but just want you to know my experience...I loved them but it was sad to lose them and not really know what happened...more my fault that anything but still.

Have you considered a Hector's or Randall's goby? :D I never have to feed my Hector's, he sifts sand and eats pods...I would assume a Randall's would be the same.

I think a neon or sharknose goby is the way I'm going to go. If I do end up going damsel, I will likely go a clown, to be honest.

I've been talking with Kat off and on and here is the current list:

Ocellaris clown

Neon Blue goby or sharknose

Another small goby of some kind

Edit: Oooooh, Hector's goby looks great!

Flaming prawn... If you never wanna see it and your wallets feeling a little heavy. My dream fish.

Haha that's a bit too expensive for me... $30 is even pushing it for a single fish

Longest no tank thread in the history of ever

Where is dat beesh ?

I wish I knew. IM hasn't sent the tank shipment with my tank in it to MD yet, so they can't ship yet. We're up to 13 days now since I've ordered. There are people who have been waiting longer than I have, too, it seems. MD got a shipment in late last week, but had enough backorders already to fill, so I didn't make the cut ;) Just have to wait some more, I guess.

I wish I knew. IM hasn't sent the tank shipment with my tank in it to MD yet, so they can't ship yet. We're up to 13 days now since I've ordered. There are people who have been waiting longer than I have, too, it seems. MD got a shipment in late last week, but had enough backorders already to fill, so I didn't make the cut ;) Just have to wait some more, I guess.

I have no problems with MD excpet that they have lied to me a few times now. Agreed, they cant ship what they don't have, but it's funny, they have sworn up and down to me that they have not recieved any of these tanks in yet, even when I mentioned that thier website said they were back in stock for about 24 hours. I spoke with someone again yesterday and got the exact same answer that it will be some time this week, they think. *sigh* ........note to self, must remember, patience is a good thing in this hobby, lol.

Do you have any local LFS stores that can place orders for certain fish? My LFS keeps the sharknose and hectors gobies in stock on a pretty regular basis, but they are always willing to look for and order a specific fish if they dont have it.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived