Top Shelf Aquatics

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

I have no problems with MD excpet that they have lied to me a few times now. Agreed, they cant ship what they don't have, but it's funny, they have sworn up and down to me that they have not recieved any of these tanks in yet, even when I mentioned that thier website said they were back in stock for about 24 hours. I spoke with someone again yesterday and got the exact same answer that it will be some time this week, they think. *sigh* ........note to self, must remember, patience is a good thing in this hobby, lol.

Do you have any local LFS stores that can place orders for certain fish? My LFS keeps the sharknose and hectors gobies in stock on a pretty regular basis, but they are always willing to look for and order a specific fish if they dont have it.

Oh wow, they haven't lied to me at all. They keep telling me they haven't gotten them in. They also told me that they haven't gotten MY tank yet, so maybe that's the issue? They worded their answer poorly?

As for the LFS ordering fish, there is one ~ an hour away that I trust for fish. The others in the area not so much. One is a great coral place, but that's all they are really equipped for. The other is where I bought my first fish which died from brooklynella. I've seen their fish many times when buying supplies and they always look sickly.

How u liking the Nuvo 10g. Thinking about grabbing one down the road

Don't have it yet - still waiting on Innovative Marine to ship to Marine Depot to ship to me :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saltwaterfish.com carries ora fish and free shipping on $99 for first time buyers. Not sure if you'd be spending that much though. They also have coral, snails, shrimp, etc. They have sales that change fairly rapidly. Right now you can get a firefish for $10.

I've had a good experience with them, we bought a yasha and shimp pair, an ora tiger goby, and a sixline.

saltwaterfish.com carries ora fish and free shipping on $99 for first time buyers. Not sure if you'd be spending that much though. They also have coral, snails, shrimp, etc. They have sales that change fairly rapidly. Right now you can get a firefish for $10.

I've had a good experience with them, we bought a yasha and shimp pair, an ora tiger goby, and a sixline.

I'll take a look, thanks for the heads up. I doubt I'll spend that much, but maybe?

I have sent an email to Stephen Nguyen at IM, and this time thanks to Kat, it will get to him.

Marine Depot has offered to refund me my money and cancel the order for my IM 10. They still haven't gotten a shipment in to send to me, yet. If I haven't gotten a good response from Nguyen by this afternoon, and MD still doesn't have the tanks, I'm going to ask for a refund.

I have no idea what to do at this point. I wanted an AIO upgrade, and thought the IM 10 was a great option. I don't want bent glass, so that eliminates a number of tanks (Cadlights 8 was the best option other than the IM 10 but it has bent glass). I'm feeling a bit lost. I guess I could get a naked tank and sump it or something?

I'm really bummed out right now :tears:

I have sent an email to Stephen Nguyen at IM, and this time thanks to Kat, it will get to him.

Marine Depot has offered to refund me my money and cancel the order for my IM 10. They still haven't gotten a shipment in to send to me, yet. If I haven't gotten a good response from Nguyen by this afternoon, and MD still doesn't have the tanks, I'm going to ask for a refund.

I have no idea what to do at this point. I wanted an AIO upgrade, and thought the IM 10 was a great option. I don't want bent glass, so that eliminates a number of tanks (Cadlights 8 was the best option other than the IM 10 but it has bent glass). I'm feeling a bit lost. I guess I could get a naked tank and sump it or something?

Wow, that really is a bummer. Harsh when you're all excited for something new and it keeps getting pushed back.

I know I wasn't the only one looking forward to a new build...

Oh, there will have to be a new build of some kind. The current 5g won't last, as the rim has some weak spots. I may go with a PicO 5g AIO or something. I don't know.

they can't give you an ETA? it would suck to cancel it today and they start shipping Monday.

Oh, there will have to be a new build of some kind. The current 5g won't last, as the rim has some weak spots. I may go with a PicO 5g AIO or something. I don't know.

Shoot me a text. I may have something for you.

-Dave

they can't give you an ETA? it would suck to cancel it today and they start shipping Monday.

Marine Depot doesn't have one because they don't know when the shipment from IM is supposed to arrive. The last one was a week late.

Stephen Nguyen just called me and left me a message. I've got some more work to do today, but I'm going to talk with him and see what he says.

I love my 5.1 gallon Ecopico tank from Ecoxotic thus far. Well made, great lights. Would recommend.

Some good videos on Youtube of that tank as well for you to check out.

I love my 5.1 gallon Ecopico tank from Ecoxotic thus far. Well made, great lights. Would recommend.

Some good videos on Youtube of that tank as well for you to check out.

It's not an AIO, though, right? I need it to be an AIO.

welcome to the PicO family...?

Not yet. I don't want to have to spend 80 extra bucks. PicO has a 15x15x10 cube for sale for 65+shipping with a black back. If I could find an AIO rear chamber set up I'd think about going that route.

Ugh, Tibbsy, sorry that the wait is going on forever. I'm waiting for an IM 20 myself and got an email from my LFS last week saying it was going to be another 2 weeks til the IM shipment comes in.

Re: the sharknose, I had one (and a neon goby) and it was very visible in the tank. It was also easily 2-3 times the size of my neon goby which probably helped with the visibility :lol:. The blue lines on them glow under actinics. I currently have a pink-streaked wrasse and helfirichi firefish, both a bit over your $30 per fish marker mentioned earlier, but the helfrichi was out and about in the tank from day one. The PSW is out much more now, but it took a solid week before I saw it much. They are skittish to sudden movements, but the helfrichi pops out of its hiding hole within two seconds. But, neither of them are blue :D

IM is still good to go. I spoke to their VP of sales, and he has taken care of it. I will update as I learn more. He did say the MD shipment may take a long time, though. They apparently ordered a TON of tanks and IM can't keep up with the amount they order plus everyone else's orders.

I'm so glad you're getting it worked out! I'm totally looking forward to your build.

Thanks!

Now I'm trying to figure out the dang stand that will hold the weight...

OK, so I THINK I have it worked out. We'll see. I can't wait weeks and weeks for the tank. As for IM and MD, both have been extremely helpful and understanding with me. I am definitely fans of their customer service.

So... Let's talk options in case the IM10 doesn't end up working out. What is a decent AIO that is similar to the IM? I really don't like bent glass, but if I have to go that option, I have to go that option...

Is ten gallons the most room you have? It's unfortunate that most of the AIOs seem to like the rounded edges. Hmm.

You should definitely sump the PicO Naked. :naughtydance:

(I mostly say that because I have no room for sumping and would like to live vicariously through you)

Honestly, though, I'd figure out a way to make the IM10 work. You don't want to end up with a tank with bent edges and resent it for as long as it's set up, right? Maybe waiting is just the answer. How pissed would your corals be if they had to live in a rubbermaid container until the new tank came in?

Lol, Sumping would be nice but I doubt I really have the room. The IM 10 is probably going to work out. I'm just thinking of options. If the IM doesn't work I may go cadlights 8g and the stand. They are nice tanks and they are 100 bucks, too. But you raise a good point about resentment... I have a bad habit of always planning other tanks and upgrades (right, Kat? ) so buying a tank I don't love is going to lead to trouble later.

Is ten gallons the most room you have? It's unfortunate that most of the AIOs seem to like the rounded edges. Hmm.

You should definitely sump the PicO Naked. :naughtydance:

(I mostly say that because I have no room for sumping and would like to live vicariously through you)

Honestly, though, I'd figure out a way to make the IM10 work. You don't want to end up with a tank with bent edges and resent it for as long as it's set up, right? Maybe waiting is just the answer. How pissed would your corals be if they had to live in a rubbermaid container until the new tank came in?

The good LFS that is an hour away is doing a garage sale on all kinds of stuff this weekend. I am going by there tomorrow on my way out to an event, so I may try and stop by to see what they have.

Stopped by the awesome LFS, and they remembered me! It was very cool. Bought a sexy shrimp and a porcelain crab and have put them in the pico for now. They don't sell IM normally, but they did have some preorders. Their preorders aren't coming in for 3 more weeks... Still no word from the place that may have one for me :(

My wife happened to be with me today as we went to a winery and came back by the LFS. Apparently she didn't totally understand a dumped tank, but she loooooves them now, lol. If the IM 10 doesn't happen, a rimless sumped cube might...

I hope they can get things worked out for you and get you a tank soon. It stinks that we have been waiting so long (a month already for me), and may have weeks to go......but, my current tank is not leaking or having any issues so I dont have any worries right now except impatience.

How do you like your sexy shrimp? I started with 1, and now I have 5. They are by far the funniest little inverts I have ever had. Personality plus! :-)

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived