Coral Vue Hydros

Goby got lumps

SquishyFishy

My green clown Goby has developed some lumps that look like a cyst with a grain like core. Tried to catch him but he's plenty peppy, we don't call him Dash for nothing...but I'm worried about my other fish. Here's a pic: note the lumps on his head, near his eye and on his nose, they are developing really quickly too, any ideas on what the heck this is.

goby%20001-X2.jpg

Its ich! This morning he is covered in it.

CANNOT catch him. I am devastated. I can see all my darlings succumbing to this plague. I will try the salinity cure first, but I cannot keep all my fish in a tub for 3 months. Much less catch them without destroying the whole scape and perhaps losing some corals.

So depressing,..

My fish always pull through, if you can't remove the fish, then just let it be. Trying to intervene at this point will just stress the fish out more. Give it a fee days, I'm sure it will pull through.

Read all I can find on it and have decided to just treat with Seachem Metro, Focus and garlic and let the fish try to heal themselves.

If I lose them, my tank will now be a fishless coral reef. I like the corals better anyhow. Fish are too fragile.

As long as they are eating, they will pull through. The big killer is when the ich gets in the gills, keep an eye on the areas around the gills. Bright red or similar color means restricted oxygen and the fish are suffocating. Fwiw I never quarantine fish.

He is eating like a pig, the other fish seem fine so far.

Running to the lfs in a few minutes to try to get the stuff locally. Ordered more from Marine Depot.

Thanks for the encouragement.....I need it!

Feed more than usual as long as you keep water quality high. It will pulse for a few months until the fish that survive become fairly but never 100% immune. Any new fish added will most likely get ich and if the new fish introduce a new strain you will go through this ordeal again.

Remember, once you see ich it is in the final stage before dropping off and starting the process over again.

He is eating like a pig, the other fish seem fine so far. Running to the lfs in a few minutes to try to get the stuff locally. Ordered more from Marine Depot. Thanks for the encouragement.....I need it!
Don't waste your money. Just feed more than normal and keep the water quality up like some have said.

As long as they are eating, they will pull through. The big killer is when the ich gets in the gills, keep an eye on the areas around the gills. Bright red or similar color means restricted oxygen and the fish are suffocating. Fwiw I never quarantine fish.
+1

Archived