Innovative Marine Aquariums

AIO Pico Suggestions

kimberbee

If it was me,I'd do a 5 gallon ($13-$16)and get a sheet of black acrylic ($8-$10) cut it to fit side ways and have a peninsula style AIO paired with a Hydor Pico ($10-$15)pump,media bag ($2-$4) and some carbon(few bucks),you'd be set. Total-$50-/+

I'd go with a DIY light on this one- RapidLED Nano Driver-$30,4 Luxeon ES Royal Blues ($13-/+),2 Luxeon ES Cool Blue ($6-$7),1 430nm Hyper Violets ($4),2 Luxeon ES Warm Whites ($7),1 Luxeon Cool white for brightness ($3) and a Heatsink 10"x4 ($20-/+) or whatever size Rapid had and a hanging kit ($10)Total-$100-$110 with shipping.

If it was me,I'd do a 5 gallon ($13-$16)and get a sheet of black acrylic ($8-$10) cut it to fit side ways and have a peninsula style AIO paired with a Hydor Pico ($10-$15)pump,media bag ($2-$4) and some carbon(few bucks),you'd be set. Total-$50-/+

I have thought about doing this too, which I could afford now, but I also like the idea of splurging on an awesome tank. I rarely ever treat myself to nice things like that - usually it's clothes and shoes for work (yuck) when I have extra money.

And I really just don't have the room. My car has become a portable storage unit with things I don't have room for. It's best if I wait till my next move before setting another tank up.

Archived