Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

got fairy

MadReefer13

There are all types of fairy wrasses, what kind did you get? I have a Pylei fairy wrasse, Cebu variant. Its currently in the transition between male and female. Hopefully it turns back into a male and then stays that way. The Pylei fairies are really aggressive. Mine personally is extremely territorial.

jzOl0Mx.jpg?1

How is there care are they easy and a lid for sure right IMA get some egg rate tommarow.unless there's something better to make a hood for led par38s

There are all types of fairy wrasses, what kind did you get? I have a Pylei fairy wrasse, Cebu variant. Its currently in the transition between male and female. Hopefully it turns back into a male and then stays that way. The Pylei fairies are really aggressive. Mine personally is extremely territorial. jzOl0Mx.jpg?1
Its that exact one got him for 17 from Petco had a rescue it

You will probably want something with smaller holes than eggcrate. These guys can probably fit through eggcrate easily. Granted I have never had an issue with my wrasse jumping. It will dive into the rocks before it goes to the surface.

You will probably want something with smaller holes than eggcrate. These guys can probably fit through eggcrate easily. Granted I have never had an issue with my wrasse jumping. It will dive into the rocks before it goes to the surface.

For a wrasse to jump through eggcrate he would have to jump straight up with how thick the eggcrate is. It would work okay IMO.

For a wrasse to jump through eggcrate he would have to jump straight up with how thick the eggcrate is. It would work okay IMO.

It is plenty wide for a wrasse to go through. 1/2" will not stop a wrasse.....

$300 worth of proof:

IMG_20140313_164937_zpsyrxaipgr.jpg

Yeah sure its not egg crate but it is the same width to squeeze through, and I have seen them go through egg crate at the LFS I used to work at. I thought mine was "to thick to fit through that" but he proved he could, came home to a fish stick :(

$300 worth of proof:

Yeah sure its not egg crate but it is the same width to squeeze through, and I have seen them go through egg crate at the LFS I used to work at. I thought mine was "to thick to fit through that" but he proved he could, came home to a fish stick :(

Dang that sucks! I stand corrected.

What is a good fish for a fairy in a 20l?it is the only fish as of now and is vary peaceful . I had a Talbot damsel in with him but damsle was way to mean for the fairy. since the mean damsel has been gone he's out all day and is a vary awesome fish to watch just don't know any good tankmates for the fairys

Would a pair of clowns and him be OK ? or one clown and a firefish ? Or clown and golby(I have no sand)? Or a clown and chromie? What would you do? and them three fish would be a stocked tank right?

6lines can get pretty nasty aggression wise. I would consider another of the small fairy wrasses, possum wrasse, or something else a bit more peaceful.

No sand, I wouldn't suggest a goby.

I would probably do a clown or two and a firefish. You may need to do bigger or more frequent water changes if you don't run a decent skimmer but if you have a decent skimmer you should be ok IMO.

The tank has a filter with carbon and a ac 50 being turned into a skimmer will that be good ?

No sand, I wouldn't suggest a goby.

I would probably do a clown or two and a firefish. You may need to do bigger or more frequent water changes if you don't run a decent skimmer but if you have a decent skimmer you should be ok IMO.

The tank has a filter with carbon and a ac 50 being turned into a skimmer will that be good ?

Yeah that and water changes you will be fine IMO.

The McCoskers is a beautiful choice, you are going to want a mesh lid tho for sure. ;)

Yeah that and water changes you will be fine IMO.

The McCoskers is a beautiful choice, you are going to want a mesh lid tho for sure. ;)

ya for sure getting the lid what's best thing to get like from home depot or something

I have heard of people finding 1/4" at HD/ Lowes (I don't suggest using actual window screen tho lol) in some areas but around here they don't.... most get it from bulk reef supply.

$300 worth of proof:

This picture inspired me to make my mesh lid out of black polyester tulle from the fabric store. I have a flasher wrasse and want to keep it under the lid! You can see pics and more info in my thread if you're interested in making one. I have been happy with it so far. It's only been a few weeks but so far its holding up well.

Edit: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349460-tigerlilys-im-fusion-30l-update-with-a-fish-pic/?p=4816351

MadReefer, you haven't told us what kind of fairy wrasse you got. Some of the fairy wrasses are peaceful and can get along with other fairy wrasses, but some like my Pylei will bully them to death. My Pylei bullies my clownfish even. Not much, but the clown gets annoyed. Also, know that the more dominant of the 2 wrasses will become male meaning a loss of color since this tank is small with not enough room for separate territories. If this fairy wrasse you got is one of the more peaceful types like a Lubbock's, then it will be ok with other peaceful species of fish like firefish or blennies.

This picture inspired me to make my mesh lid out of black polyester tulle from the fabric store. I have a flasher wrasse and want to keep it under the lid! You can see pics and more info in my thread if you're interested in making one. I have been happy with it so far. It's only been a few weeks but so far its holding up well.

Edit: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349460-tigerlilys-im-fusion-30l-update-with-a-fish-pic/?p=4816351

It definitely sucked and was a hard lesson learned, but I am glad I have inspired you and helped save your fish :)

MadReefer, you haven't told us what kind of fairy wrasse you got. Some of the fairy wrasses are peaceful and can get along with other fairy wrasses, but some like my Pylei will bully them to death. My Pylei bullies my clownfish even. Not much, but the clown gets annoyed. Also, know that the more dominant of the 2 wrasses will become male meaning a loss of color since this tank is small with not enough room for separate territories. If this fairy wrasse you got is one of the more peaceful types like a Lubbock's, then it will be ok with other peaceful species of fish like firefish or blennies.
the one I have was deathly afraid of a Talbot damsel and the wrasse is like 3 time his size.the damsel is now gone he seem vary peaceful

I pit a picture of him on a different post called( what kinda fairy )

Yeah, doesn't look like a Pylei. Just know if the McCosker's is more dominant then it will stay colored up and the one you currently have will become female.

Archived