Pod Your Reef

New DIY LED light questions

dacianb

FYI, the 'converted blue' that you're planning on using doesn't have a wider blue spectra, it only has phosphor applied to cover some green, so basically a 'white' LED with no red, and VERY little flux. http://www.osram-os.com/Graphics/XPic7/00127106_0.pdf/LCB%20CRBP%20-%20OSLON%20Signal.pdf

I have to disagree jadimaster... Look at his spectral distribution - most of energy comes in 450nm range (deep blue) and some real blue as well. Is not a narrow bandwidth as regular blue. Indeed is a white led but with no green-yellow-red.

I have it working next to me, and have a very nice color (looks blue in the end, but some whitish, less saturated)

Regarding power.... 50lm at 350mA - is more than the regular blue.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I have to disagree jadimaster... Look at his spectral distribution - most of energy comes in 450nm range (deep blue) and some real blue as well. Is not a narrow bandwidth as regular blue. Indeed is a white led but with no green-yellow-red.

Uh, no.

Oslon 'converted blue'

oslon%2520converted%2520blue.png

Oslon 'deep blue'

osram%2520oslon%2520deep%2520blue.png

Pulled directly from the datasheets.

Uh, no.

Oslon 'converted blue'

oslon%2520converted%2520blue.png

Oslon 'deep blue'

osram%2520oslon%2520deep%2520blue.png

Pulled directly from the datasheets.

I mean to compare Converted blue with regular blue and not with deep blue....

Reason if this is to add a small tint of bluish into pure deep blue channel

20150109_1433321_zpsbd655a0a.jpg

On left is the converted blue, on right is the normal blue (sorry about my fingers, but I had to keep the switches on)

Again - converted blue is a replacement of the normal blue, wider spectrum (lot of deep blue), but still visually as blue. Also more lumen than regular blue

jedimasterben

I mean to compare Converted blue with regular blue and not with deep blue....

Reason if this is to add a small tint of bluish into pure deep blue channel

Again - converted blue is a replacement of the normal blue, wider spectrum (lot of deep blue), but still visually as blue. Also more lumen than regular blue

Again, NO.

oslon%2520ssl%2520blue.png

if you look at the FWHM of both the blue and converted blue, you'll find that the converted blue is LESS than the blue.

Archived