ReefCleaners.org

Pudge's ADA tank revived

pudge1515

Well its good to be back in the hobby. I took a hiatus for about 6 years graduated college started my career and have settled down and am now ready to ease my way back into the game. I had some old equipment lying around and decided to start back up a small simple desk tank since I do a lot of work from home at my computer. The tank is an ADA tank but I cant remember the model for the life of me, someone will probably be able to tell which number it is but its about 5ish gallons. I cleaned 7 years of salt and algea off it today and sprayed the back glass with plasti dip so I can remove it easily if need be. Im going to attempt to go for a peninsula style tank with probably a lot of mushrooms, zoas and assorted LPS. Like I said before I plan to keep it pretty simple so Im going to try and stay away from much filtration and keep up with weekly water changes, this seemed to work pretty well in the past. May have to add my AC70 onto the back with some carbon and filter floss if the waters not up to par. I currently have a Korallia nano in the tank but am looking to upgrade to another MP10 eventually and I just purchased a micmol color series led light from Addinali, thanks again, great guy to do business with. The light should be here by friday and Ill be picking up some rock tomorrow along with some substrate, not sure what I'm going to choose yet tomorrow at the LFS. Here are some pics of the tank as of right now. Ill try to update the thread tomorrow or later on the week once I get some rock and substrate in it and get it wet. Thanks for looking guys!

14936628910_fa59ddeedb_c.jpgDSC00254-2 by crod1515, on Flickr

14936632090_60f9762e5f_c.jpgDSC00258-2 by crod1515, on Flickr

Haha thanks JR, I'm a huge 80's movie horror fan. But I got the light in and got lucky and found some local cultured live rock to help speed up the process of breaking the tank in. Dont mind the light I just got it put up and need to put some shim supports on the light to help level it out but I just wanted to get a quick pic of the tank with progress. Still in the process of looking for a good used mp10 but if I cant find one by the end of next week I may just bite the bullet and get a new one. Quick shot of the tank until I add some a few inverts and fish eventually. Thanks for looking!

DSC00294-2_zps069dee9d.jpg

Archived