inTank Media Baskets

Ultimate Nano Reef Giveaway by PicO Aquariums, Nano Box & Legendary Corals

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Congratulations to the following prize drawing winners, randomly chosen from amongst all 471 entries.

Grand Prize Package

slowngreen #57

2nd Place Prize Package

ReefDreamz #168

Prize winners will be contacted shortly via private message with more information on how claim your prizes from our generous sponsors!

Thank you to everyone who participated in Ultimate Nano Reef Giveaway, and thank you to PicO Aquariums, Nano Box Reef, and Legendary Corals for giving away such an amazing prize package!

The Ultimate Nano Reef Giveaway!

Our community sponsors PicO Aquariums, Nano Box Reef, and Legendary Corals have teamed up with Nano-Reef.com to give away the ultimate nano reef aquarium prize package! The grand prize winner will receive a PicO 5G 5 gallon all-in-one desktop aquarium from PicO Aquariums, perfectly lit by a Nano Box Mini ECO LED lighting system from Nano Box Reef, all ready to be filled with $300 of beautiful coral from Legendary Corals. A generous second place prize is also up for grabs with gift certificates to all three sponsors!

pico_promo.jpg

Grand Prize Package

• Pico 5G all-in-one 5 gallon glass desktop aquarium from PicO Aquariums
  • Mini Eco LED lighting system from Nano Box Reef
  • $300 Gift Certificate to Legendary Corals *Winner must pay for coral shipping separately
2nd Place Prize Package
  • $100 Gift Certificate to PicO Aquariums
  • $50 Gift Certificate to Nano Box Reef
  • $100 Gift Certificate to Legendary Corals *Winner must pay for coral shipping separately
Introducing the PicO 5G All-In-One Desktop Aquarium from PicO Aquariums

The PicO 5G all-in-one aquarium is the pinnacle of desktop aquarium system design. With a 12” x 12” footprint at 10" tall it will fit almost anywhere. The PicO 5G features smart details, there are no ugly filters or external filtration to distract from the clean design, everything is cleverly hidden away in the back. Every detail has been carefully considered, the PicO 5G even has a soft felt bottom to cushion your solid surface against marring and settling. The view into your little slice of paradise will be virtually unobstructed thanks to our slim seam construction. No more ugly wide seams and no distortion found in similar curved glass systems. The overall minimalist appearance of the PicO 5G is a work of art on it's own, but real beauty comes from within.

pico_tank1.jpg

Hidden behind the scenes is a fully functional filtration system designed to keep your desk free of clutter and your display clean and healthy. Dirty water is no match for the PicO 2.0 filtration system. Even in a package as small as the PicO 5G we managed to include a protein skimmer chamber, mini algae scrubber, media trays, and probe/heater area. All that action is hidden away by an included filtration cover that slows evaporation and quiets operation.

pico_tank2.jpg

With optional accessories like the PicO Skim 2.0 air driven skimmer, glass cover, or PicO LifeNet cover you can mold the 5G to your personal needs. Novice or expert, the PicO Aquariums 5G desktop aquarium system is the perfect solution for those seeking the ultimate in desktop reef keeping. Years of development and feedback from the reefing community have culminated in the creation of the PicO series aquarium systems. When you receive your new PicO aquarium you are not only getting a highly functioning aquarium system you are getting a true work of art.

Learn more about the PicO Aquariums’ 5G and see their entire line of aquariums at www.PicoAquariums.com

Brilliant LED Lighting from Nano Box

pico_light1.jpg

The Nano Box Mini ECO by Nano Box Reef is the smallest full spectrum LED lamp out on the market, measuring at a tiny 5" x 3" x 1.25". The actively cooled unit houses thirteen LED's running a cool 20w of power. LED colors ranging from two different whites, two different blue's, cyan, lime and violet. This creates a beautiful 14K spectrum that is sure to make any coral pop. The ECO generates little to no heat so you will not need to worry about cooling your tank. Along with the low heat and beautiful spectrum, there is no need to worry about changing bulbs. The ECO will last 5-7 years before loosing any power!

pico_light2.jpg

Every Nano Box Mini is assembled and made by hand in the USA. We mill each body, each heatsink, cut every wire and meticulously craft each unit just for you! Every unit can be customized specifically for the customer, ranging from an all white unit to neon pink with electric blue accents, the possibilities are endless. We strive to to look at the details that often get looked over.

Learn more about the Nano Box Mini ECO and see Nano Box Reef’s entire line of LED Lights at www.NanoBoxReef.com

Stunning Coral Frags from Legendary Corals

Legendary Corals is run by three coral addicted hobbyists from the Bay Area of California. We're three best coral buds who carpool to far away fish stores, share frags, help maintain each other's tanks, and always talk about corals non-stop. Seeing how successful we were small scale individually, we took the next step and combined our knowledge and skill sets together and gave birth to our little side project: Legendary Corals. As hobbyist, we offer pieces at the price and quality that any other hobbyist would want and as collectors, we are always searching for that next piece to fuel your addiction.

pico_capsule.jpg

Here at Legendary Corals, we are constantly striving to provide the highest quality in everything we do. One of the many examples is our innovative shipping procedure. All of your orders are shipped using a capsule method. The capsules hold your corals securely in place and provide protection against the bumpy ride to your reef tank. After being secured in their capsules, the corals are bagged up and heat sealed to ensure a leak free experience. Each box that is shipped comes with a hand pressed Legendary Corals emblem, a personal touch to your order.

We have an extensive amount of original coral morphs that you won't find elsewhere, such as our LC Petroglyphs (voted one of the top morphs of 2014). Explore our Legendary Collection section to see the LC Petroglyphs along with our other eye candies.

pico_coral1.jpg

LC Petroglyphs - "Petroglyphs are ancient rock engravings. These LC pieces are metallic silver with a blue mouth and ring. This is our variation of Vampires and they absolutely glow under blues."

pico_coral2.jpg

Jawbreaker Shroom - "The one and only Jawbreaker mushroom. Hands down the most sought after mushroom in the hobby. Young shrooms start off as all orange and slowly develop red streaks as they mature. After red, green splatters start to appear and if you're lucky enough purple will pop up. This is a must have for any reefer."

pico_coral3.jpg

LC Miss Fortune Chalice - "We've been babying this one up for a couple of months and now it's time to share it with the rest of the world. You've seen pink rimmed chalice every now and then. But how about one with pink eyes and rim all on a baby blue body?!?! This is one of the most unique chalices that we've ever laid eyes on and we feel this is going to be one that's going to be passed on for ages. But we'll let you guys be the judge of that."

pico_coral4.jpg

A legendary pack for a legendary customer. Come by our website and pick up a pack today!

Check out all the incredible specimens Legendary Corals has to offer at www.Legendary-Corals.com

How To Enter

To enter the prize drawing simply post a single comment in this discussion, sharing with everyone your favorite fish, coral, or invertebrate. Even better, post a photo of your favorite if you have one!

Giveaway Rules

You may only enter the drawing once! If you enter more than once you will be automatically disqualified. Entrants must have a minimum of 10 posts on the community forums to qualify to win, you can check your post count on your personal profile page. For questions about the prizes being given away, please contact the sponsors directly.

The drawing is open to all community members within the United States. Unfortunately our international members cannot participate due to shipping restrictions and limitations. Shipping will be provided for the grand prize winner of the aquarium and lighting system. Legendary Corals gift certificate winners will be responsible for covering shipping costs separately.

Two prize winners will be chosen at random from among the entries on October 1st, 2014. The first winning random number will receive the ‘Grand Prize Package’ and the second winning random number will receive the ‘2nd Place Prize Package’.

The grand prize winner is encouraged to start an aquarium journal in our Members Aquarium forum to document the new aquarium journey and share the experience with the community.

Entries can be submitted until Tuesday September 30th, 2014, 11:59 PM PST

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome! Im in, never won anything in my life so im not expecting to win, just joining the fun. My favorite tank so far is Mr Aqua 12 gallon tank and im in the process of building it and getting everything to grow out. My favorite corals so far are acans, zoas, frogspawn, all form of montipora SPS. Did i mention im an addict? I placed 3 corals order this week and can't wait to get stuff my tank.

post-83775-0-60377300-1409603692_thumb.jpg

My favorite corals are (currently) Black Sun Corals.

I've had these guys shipped to me before but sadly not one made it through transit. I went to a neighboring town recently and was super surprised to see one for sale. It's receding a bit but after a week of feeding I can already see flesh covering up the base. I'm not too big on NPS but caring for the BSC makes the individual feeding worth it. Very beautiful and rewarding creature.

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/dillonroxs/media/DSC_0241_zps0e12306b.jpg.html'>DSC_0241_zps0e12306b.jpg

I can still put that Nanobox to use though! :P

What an incredible contest - thank you to everyone putting it on!!

This guy is one of the MANY things I love about having a saltwater aquarium :) He has been with me for almost two years and has endured a few tank moves and is just an all around great fish!

I scrape up funds somehow whenever i can to purchase equipment and livestock to pursue this hobby but unlike so many here, i can only afford the basics so winning this drawing would be a real blessing for me and allow me to produce a beautiful reef tank.

To date, my favorite coral is my Torch shown here under actinic lighting.

http://s513.photobucket.com/user/fsuggs50/media/20140728_150450_zps2b0df2a2.jpg.html'>20140728_150450_zps2b0df2a2.jpg

My favorite coral is the hammer coral, and my favorite fish is the purple firefish, both which I hope to have when my tank arrives and is cycled.

Archived