Top Shelf Aquatics

Great idea from my lovely wife

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

I was racking my brain trying to figgure out the last time I did a WC, I'm afraid Im not too good about doing them regularly, when my wife asked why I didnt write it down... She quickly remembered I cant keep up with ANYTHING and any record would be quickly lost.

She came home a few min ago from the store, and handed me a 3'x2' white board to go beside my tank. I know that alot of people have their tank in a less "utilitarian" space than I do, down in my man room, but I think its going to work out great for me.

15099019712_6b1dba65aa_c.jpgIMG_00000288 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

NGaHB

If you have a smartphone, there are some apps that you can schedule reminders for things like that. A high tech white board basically. :) But that is a great idea.

NorthGaHillbilly

If you have a smartphone, there are some apps that you can schedule reminders for things like that. A high tech white board basically. :) But that is a great idea.

Im afraid I'm a pretty low tech guy, and go through a phone every couple of months :wacko:

Angel<3Nanos

I printed out some spread sheets, grabbed a clipboard and hung it next to my tank. Works better than a huge white board. Since with the white board I have to constantly erase stuff, and loosing data.

On my spread sheet I write anything from Water Changes to filter media change to when I introduced a fish. Love it.

I was racking my brain trying to figgure out the last time I did a WC, I'm afraid Im not too good about doing them regularly, when my wife asked why I didnt write it down... She quickly remembered I cant keep up with ANYTHING and any record would be quickly lost.

She came home a few min ago from the store, and handed me a 3'x2' white board to go beside my tank. I know that alot of people have their tank in a less "utilitarian" space than I do, down in my man room, but I think its going to work out great for me.

15099019712_6b1dba65aa_c.jpgIMG_00000288 by North Ga Hillbilly, on Flickr

NGaHB

Really good idea, you got yourself a keeper there.....so when is she getting a tank of her own?

NorthGaHillbilly

Really good idea, you got yourself a keeper there.....so when is she getting a tank of her own?

After I get my 34 gallon set up Im going to put a 5ish gallon upstairs with a Par 38 over it and let her go wild. first rock to go into it... the one with her "flower corals" AKA clove polyps that have gone from 3 to 15 polyps in the last month.

I was originally going to use something like this but ended up going with one of those monthly planner / calendars. I put my water changes, test results, and when I add livestock or any additives to the tank. That being said /hi5 for having a spouse on board with your hobby =)

I have one of these (though much much smaller) on the cabinet next to my tank.. I keep target numbers, test numbers, dosages, etc on it.. although after the first 6 months or so of having it up I haven't really touched it.. I was all gung-ho about it for a while though..

My condo is an old schoolhouse, so my walls are all chalkboards. I think I've received a half dozen boxes of chalk as gifts since I moved in. I keep track of tank stuff on them all the time.

I do the WCs in my husband's tank, no prenup needed. Am I like the bestest wife ever, or what? :rolleyes:

My condo is an old schoolhouse, so my walls are all chalkboards. I think I've received a half dozen boxes of chalk as gifts since I moved in. I keep track of tank stuff on them all the time.

I do the WCs in my husband's tank, no prenup needed. Am I like the bestest wife ever, or what? :rolleyes:

Pics of the chalkboard walls! :D

I wish my wife would do ny WCs. :(

Im lucky if I get glass of water before bed :(

Lol

You can see some here behind the nanocube. They wrap around about half the living space plus one wall of the bedroom.

DSC00426.jpg

Omg!!!! :wub:

If I had chalkboard walls my life will be much fun! Im sure you guys have a blast. Leaving notes or doodles around the house!

Kinda makes me want to do that when I purchase a house! At least in one room lol

I've got a dry erase board that I use to track test results (for the tank, lol), shipping dates for prepaid orders, and other various notations. I prefer it to storing that info electronically. Then again, I also prefer a power strip and lamp timers over a contoller. I'm older than old school...

i saved a text document onto my desktop and record water parameters on there. I haven't done the water change recording though. thats a good idea lol tell the mrs thank you as well.

Omg!!!! :wub:

If I had chalkboard walls my life will be much fun! Im sure you guys have a blast. Leaving notes or doodles around the house!

Kinda makes me want to do that when I purchase a house! At least in one room lol

You can always get some chalkboard paint and make your own. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

the wife and I were just looking for colors for baby euphyllia's nursery and came across this "magic dry erase" paint. Apparently you can apply it over any color paint and turn it into a dry erase board!

http://disney.glidden.com/painting-ideas/dry-erase-paint

My wife wasn't thrilled when I grabbed the computer away from nursery planning to post this...

Oh my god.. that is awesome!

Archived