ReefCleaners.org

Mr Aqua 7.5 Gallon build

mrkotabear

In regards to the disco ball effect. did you have lenses put on? 60?90?120? usually disco-balling comes from the lights being too concentrated in certain areas and not "blending" properly, giving you the crazy shimmer. overtime, as corals adjust, you can lower the light closer to the tank. I am planning on using a par30 18k from them on my 6 gallon build and putting it maybe 10" above the water? still playing around with that. I would play around with lowering it and seeing you can fix it. it doesn't look too bad though

The corals are doing great! I dipped the mushrooms because of some intruders but it's coming back. The disco ball effect ive gotten used to. Coral compulsion recommended me 11 inches above water and yes it's 60 degree optics.

60 degree's is pretty narrow. I think on my 6 gal i am going 90 degrees. good to hear the corals are doing better :) Overall, do you like the light? have you noticed (i know its so new!) coral reaction,growth,etc?

Also, any reason you went for the par30 over the 38? Just the price?

60 degree's is pretty narrow. I think on my 6 gal i am going 90 degrees. good to hear the corals are doing better :) Overall, do you like the light? have you noticed (i know its so new!) coral reaction,growth,etc?

Also, any reason you went for the par30 over the 38? Just the price?

Well I'm going filter less all natural pretty soon. The mushroom coral isn't doing to well after the dip butt they're hardy so it'll bounce back up. War coral and birds nest were both just moved so they are stressed. I have very well noticed some growth from both of those corals! Especially the birds nest. I'm just dosing kent essentials after a weekly 10% change. And I did go with the par30 for the price. The 60 degree optics look good on the tank cause the tank is 12x12x12 and that's what it's made to cover! But it's a beautiful spectrum of light in person! I'd recommend it :)

But the corals were under kessils at the fish store so they've been used to leds! And they pulled a good reaction. Except for the poor mushroom:( think he had a bristle worm when I dipped him:(

• 2 weeks later...

So today, I woke up to find my firefish stuck in a little hole on the top of the rock, the hermit crabs were on him, so in knew he had passed away. He got himself jammed in a little hole and his gills closed up around the hole so the poor guy couldn't get out. I had to use salad tongs to get him out:( He was probably the best and easiest fish I had ever cared for. Ate right away, and would always be in with the lights went off, and would always come right out when they were on. R.I.P.

Archived