Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newbie-Newb on Maui

Manini

Aloha from Maui,

I've been reading this site for a while now and I'm getting the reef bug. Some of you have some insane epic tanks!!!!!!! Seriously, I always wanted a small nice setup, but never knew it was possible.. Thank You everyone!!! Very inspirational....I wish the water was as clean as your aquariums here!!!

I want to start a saltwater nano setup, but I have a few hesitations. Im good at troubleshooting, mechanical and maintenance and Im sure I can handle the high attention needs of a tank but the biggest problem, which really blows me away, is the lack of suppliers for saltwater supply on Maui...guess they are all exported? I haven't been able to find anyone that sells corals and all the epic creatures I see in everyone's tanks here.

I can snorkel and find some fairly sweet stuff here, and could cock-a-roach some live rock and things to get going....could definitely catch some tangs and small wrasses But otherwise, I cant figure out how to get a small, less than 30 gallon tank stocked with anything but a few clowns from petco.

I'm not looking to build a masterpiece, yet, but I'd like to start a tank with a few fish, maybe a shrimp, simple kine...work my way into a nice setup like dentist offices have.... to calm you, which is why I really want to begin this expensive hobby. Hopefully I can keep it simple and maintainable, less stress the better, for me and the reef/fish!!

Any suggestions would be great. In the meantime, Im going to keep reading everyones great info!!

Daniel, Maui

Thank you so much for your reply, I greatly appreciate it! I'm gonna check it out and read more...I admire what everyone is doing and am learning so much everyday! Thanks for taking time to point me in the right direction Hopefully I can get a nice setup shortly...very helpfull- Mahalos

Archived