Pod Your Reef

Additions to DIY builds

NemesiS153

so my builds under way. Could someone check my wiring. Main checks are the 10k resistor and the ground from the Arduino, is that right?

4829ABB2-02D1-4A23-B5F5-8A2F14CC9D7A_zps

The coralux LDD board already has the pull down resistor on board.

The 10K you put in there wasn't a pull-down anyway (at least the way you have it shown). A pull-down resistor is one from the signal pin to ground (a pull-up would be between the signal pin and a voltage, like +5v or +12v depending on what you are working with). What you put in there was a current limiting resistor. It would not have adversely affected the operation of the system at all, but there is no real need for it in this instance.

Always on fans?

Or PWM fans? You do have a controller which can do anything...

Can you use an SCW to eliminate the extra plugin? (I dont know what your HLG-A voltage is). They only have .4A though, iirc.

Scw, thx Jedi for correction

Always on fans?

Or PWM fans? You do have a controller which can do anything...

Can you use an SWC to eliminate the extra plugin? (I dont know what your HLG-A voltage is). They only have .4A though, iirc.

You can get SCW that output up to 12 watts at various voltages, and they're now more readily available in the states, thank god.

O2Surplus on RC has LDD boards that he may have some extra of that have four LDD and one SCW and gives PWM control over the SCW output.

the fan is one of the pressurised fan from steveLED so isnt PWM. My controller can do PWM so im hoping to work out something on the fan later. but for the moment it will always be on

It doesn't matter if the fan is PWM or not, O2's boards work with all fans as it just changes the voltage on the SCW output. Something to look into.

It doesn't matter if the fan is PWM or not, O2's boards work with all fans as it just changes the voltage on the SCW output. Something to look into.

Thanks mate, will take a look

Archived