inTank Media Baskets

Montipora Capricornis is dying

nanofishtank

nanofishtank

I bought my Montipora Capricornis about 4 weeks ago and I noticed some edges turning white in this past week. Is this something to do with my light intensity or it is being attacked by some worms? I checked my water parameters, everything seems fine. thanks!

post-85543-0-45709200-1408970383_thumb.jpg

I bought my Montipora Capricornis about 4 weeks ago and I noticed some edges turning white in this past week. Is this something to do with my light intensity or it is being attacked by some worms? I checked my water parameters, everything seems fine. thanks!

I also had my Monti Cap show a little white spot on the ends - it made a quick recovery in one week. Without knowing your lighting situation - I would ask- what are your phosphate readings. I was running too much GFO and reduced my phosphates to quickly to zero. I feel some phosphates are needed- I feed generously and try to keep phosphates to around .03-.05 range- my coral appear happier in that range . When I removed my GFO the cap made a quick recovery . I still use GFO- and believe it has it's use- we just need to be careful it doesn't strip to much out of the water. Have you made any other major changes?- large water change, change it's position in tank , change lighting etc. give us a little more information about your tank environment

nanofishtank

Thanks Sk8n.

Here is my water parameters

CA: 450

MG: 1380

PO4: 0

NO3: 5

dKH: 9.5

PH: 7.8

I am running Maxspect R420R 60w in my 18" cube tank. I run my light with the following setting:

0800 0% 0%
1000 10% 30%
1200 40% 75%
1500 40% 75%
2130 15% 50%
2200 0% 0%

It seems like I need to take out my ROWA Phos for a while and see what happens.

Thanks Sk8n.

Here is my water parameters

CA: 450

MG: 1380

PO4: 0

NO3: 5

dKH: 9.5

PH: 7.8

I am running Maxspect R420R 60w in my 18" cube tank. I run my light with the following setting:

0800 0% 0%

1000 10% 30%

1200 40% 75%

1500 40% 75%

2130 15% 50%

2200 0% 0%

It seems like I need to take out my ROWA Phos for a while and see what happens.

Your parameters look good- ph a little low but that changes throughout the day. Your light schedule looks good- as others above mentioned - nudi eating the coral but unless you see them it looks more like RTN to me. My experience was caused by stripping the water to clean (PO4)with GFO. Are you running carbon to remove any possible contaminates or soft corals releasing chemicals? Are you feeding your coral? I would start feeding , remove phosphate remover and let the phosphates start to bump up to around the .03-.05 range- nothing wrong with that. I feed a mixture of reef chili from BRS, Roti feast and Phyto feast from reef nutrition with mysis nightly or just before the lights go off. Keep us posted - hope this helps

nanofishtank

yes I have carbon and puregen in my filter and I feed my coral with Brightwell Zooplanktos twice a week. Just removed ROWA phos and see what will happen. thanks!

yes I have carbon and puregen in my filter and I feed my coral with Brightwell Zooplanktos twice a week. Just removed ROWA phos and see what will happen. thanks!

Any updates ? How's the Monti cap doing?

Archived