Pod Your Reef

Fluval Spec 3 Reef (WARRNING PICTURE HEAVY)

saltwatercoral

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
This is going to look really good as it fills in, good stuff bro!

Thanks xEL Chupacabrax! I'm honoring everything looks good tomorow! I'll def be adding more!

saltwatercoral

Nice tank, I would get nothing done if I had one at work!

LOL I am getting close to having that problem now!

Sweet!!!

Pics once they are in and settled! Congrats...

Will do acrab78! They are shipping out today!

saltwatercoral

I received the corals yesterday from Incredible Corals and they came in packed nicely and looked great! Once I acclimated them, and put them in the tank I had no time to take pics... So I was able to take some this morning and they are looking great! I do not work for Incredible Corals at all but I do have to say that there corals and customer support is 110%!!! When I spoke with them on the phone they actually took the time to TALK with me. When they shipped the corals out I received a call sating that I would receive a tracking number in short while as they drop the corals off right before shipping them out so they are not sitting in bags all day. I then received a follow up email asking me if I received them and how I liked them! Can’t say thank you enough to INCREDIBLE CORALS!!!

Sorry for the quality as I can’t adjust the light just yet and am taking pics with an IPhone with Macro lens.

053C6F2C-54CC-4649-BB98-5A8C75A595C8_zps

EF39E537-78FC-4214-9A3B-FF960FE3C0F9_zps

87059875-6BB9-446E-98B9-F90AD2046CDB_zps

0152A6BC-1555-4C0C-AF66-12A8A3745096_zps

B4DD0F01-89F2-498E-9F00-8AC0F6D091BE_zps

6019D99F-EC2D-4354-AF8C-749740C0AA04_zps

saltwatercoral
Great looking zoas.

Any plans to put a stick or two in there?

Thanks uwdanno!

If your talking about any sps then prob not right now. Just planing on keeping thing simple for now...

Thanks uwdanno!

If your talking about any sps then prob not right now. Just planing on keeping thing simple for now...

Sps isn't THAT hard lol.

Good water changes, good flow and good light. All I had on my 60 and a skimmer that didn't work hahaha

Grew sps like a treat.

They look sweet.... like the shroom especially... Excellent write up about incredible corals... will have to check them out. How about a new FTS with the corals in now! :)

Thanks uwdanno!

Try a Monti, Mille or Digi. They are hardy sps and would look great. Pretty easy to care for with solid maintenace

saltwatercoral

Sps isn't THAT hard lol. Good water changes, good flow and good light. All I had on my 60 and a skimmer that didn't work hahaha Grew sps like a treat.

Thanks k4ndyk1ng I may try somthing when I scape it all out and see what space I have left!

They look sweet.... like the shroom especially... Excellent write up about incredible corals... will have to check them out. How about a new FTS with the corals in now! :)

Thanks acrab78! They are a great place to work with and I forgot to mention that they threw an extra zoa frag in for FREE!!! I know where im getting my coral from for now one! Here is a FTS, not the best... The light is great for corals but not for taking pics! Cant wait to get the Aqua Illumination Hydra 26 and possably the Apex JR!

5F189448-EE2F-4750-833E-BFC3676414BA_zps

Great little tank man!

Thanks Arkayology!

Try a Monti, Mille or Digi. They are hardy sps and would look great. Pretty easy to care for with solid maintenace

I may actualy try one of these for my next pieces I get, thanks for the recomendation uwdanno!

saltwatercoral

Looks awesome... dont know how many more coral orders you can make without upgrading your tank hahhaa.... looks stocked to me! :)

I know right! I think a Innovative Marine Nuvo Pico 4gallon aquarium with a Aqua Illumination Hydra 26 and a Apex jr would look nice! :D

saltwatercoral

Just grabbed a used battery backup APC PRO 1000 for free and charged it yesterday. I only have the heater and pump connected to it right now and the LED bulb is connected to the regular power strip. I unplugged the Battery backup this morning at 7:15am and will see how long this will keep the water temp and circulation going in a power outage.

When the heater is not on the LCD screen of the APC it is telling me that there is 653 min. When it is on it is telling me there is 181 min.

I will post later on today when this APC goes dead.

saltwatercoral

I just saw this little 2gallon setup! It’s got me thinking and wanting to make something similar! I may make this one for my home!

This Pic gives you the idea of the size of the tank!

phonet10_zpsd830eb94.jpg

saltwatercoral

Just grabbed a used battery backup APC PRO 1000 for free and charged it yesterday. I only have the heater and pump connected to it right now and the LED bulb is connected to the regular power strip. I unplugged the Battery backup this morning at 7:15am and will see how long this will keep the water temp and circulation going in a power outage.

When the heater is not on the LCD screen of the APC it is telling me that there is 653 min. When it is on it is telling me there is 181 min.

I will post later on today when this APC goes dead.

Just had a Battery LOW warning now! this lasted 7hrs and 30min with the pump and heater connected to it! Nice little addition considering it was free!

• 3 months later...
saltwatercoral

Havnt been on here in a while... so here are a few updates...

All the coral is still doing great and added another 8 incredibale zoa frags! (cant tell true color from Iphone pics though)

I put my Pre Order in for my new Aqua Illumination Prime led light today!

And a few more pics!!!

Before:

FB828C13-750D-4696-A8E0-34AF35B4C6A5_zps

Current:

447F4227-C34A-42CA-AA63-103C6BBA7BC9_zps

Before:

EAE6A2B2-AD15-490D-8423-C30A9FC964DE_zps

Current:

8F18BA63-CCC9-4C12-A5F8-CFE5279140AA_zps

New zoas (sorry for the IPhone pics)

04CF705A-4FCA-4DFC-AB7C-9140169C3D10_zps

903DF7C0-7A10-4F4D-B41E-C66E27B84209_zps

889314E3-21E9-425C-9734-633C507398BB_zps

81E9DC3B-7BB8-479B-9536-D77BB13C4233_zps

• 5 weeks later...
saltwatercoral

I have been battling the good ole aiptasia in my little Fluval Spec tank... It’s a losing battle due to my tank having 24 different frags of coral in 2gallon worth of real-estate. So these pesky aiptasia are coming out of holes and cracks in the rock or under different frag pugs or disks. This being said they are starting to take over and is pissing me off. I just ordered the best weapon against these aptasia.....

Drum roll please.....

I have ordered 4 Berghia Nudibranch's! These are a little on the pricy side but they will hunt these little suckers down and take them out (hopefully) fingerscrossed

They will be here tomorrow!

Archived