Coral Vue Hydros

The Bestiarium

Dryland

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a conundrum that I need to solve today. I rescaped the tank for a coral order I received yesterday. I really like the scape, but one of the corals arrived at over twice the advertised size and fully inflated doesn't fit in the tank well at all. It is one of the most beautiful corals I own so I think I am going to have to pull out most of the rock in order to keep it. I am upset about breaking down my scape, especially after just getting it right, but I think in time I will look back and be happy that I chose to keep the coral.

Also I can get rid of my beloved/behated damsel.

I have a conundrum that I need to solve today. I rescaped the tank for a coral order I received yesterday. I really like the scape, but one of the corals arrived at over twice the advertised size and fully inflated doesn't fit in the tank well at all. It is one of the most beautiful corals I own so I think I am going to have to pull out most of the rock in order to keep it. I am upset about breaking down my scape, especially after just getting it right, but I think in time I will look back and be happy that I chose to keep the coral.

Also I can get rid of my beloved/behated damsel.

What about trading it in to your lfs? What coral is it- pics - we need pics!

Here are some photos of the new animals:

Cynarina

16289240825_3b260af754_h.jpgIMG_3061 by dryland970, on Flickr

16103100859_b6561683ba_h.jpgIMG_3060 by dryland970, on Flickr

Trachy and Derasa

16103375677_d7b865953a_h.jpgIMG_3058 by dryland970, on Flickr

16289236995_090dfd27af_h.jpgIMG_3057 by dryland970, on Flickr

Poor trachy is all crowded-in

16103376537_61333d9bb8_h.jpgIMG_3062 by dryland970, on Flickr

I have been going back and forth on whether to take out the trachy or some of the rock, but I need to make a decision by tomorrow. What do you guys think? Trachy or rock?

Those are some great pieces!

I can't really tell without a shot of the whole tank, do you have one?

Would be a shame to lose such a nice coral IMO.

Nice tank!

Thanks dude!

Those are some great pieces!

I can't really tell without a shot of the whole tank, do you have one?

Would be a shame to lose such a nice coral IMO.

Thanks! Here is an fts, you can see how crammed the trachy is when fully inflated:

https://flic.kr/p/pSJvsT'>15670324283_03af675408_h.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/pSJvsT'>IMG_3070 by https://www.flickr.com/people/127805643@N06/'>dryland970, on Flickr

Thanks dude!

Thanks! Here is an fts, you can see how crammed the trachy is when fully inflated:

15670324283_03af675408_h.jpgIMG_3070 by dryland970, on Flickr

That's a nice looking coral- tough call- I think I would move around some rock 1st and see what you come up with- total rescape?

Wow that is full! But it is such a nice coral. I agree with sk8n though - try the rocks first! If not, can you trade with someone?

I have decided to go ahead with the re-scape/ damsel removal plan. Thanks for the input everyone, it is much appreciated. I should have a photo up of the new scape tonight.

Man, your tank is looking SO good! I love the addition of the Trachy and I'm glad to hear that you decided to go with a re-scape.

I can't wait to see the new layout!

Cool- did you remove some rock? The way it lays out looks like less rock is in there. I like it though- watch out for sweeper tentacles on the brain!

Cool- did you remove some rock? The way it lays out looks like less rock is in there. I like it though- watch out for sweeper tentacles on the brain!

I removed the upper most rock and repositioned the remaining two pieces. The damsel was also removed, as well as the clam which sadly didn't last the week.

The trachy walked forward yesterday about two inches and now touches the plate. I think that if it is bothered by the fungia it will move away again, but I will be sure to keep an eye on the situation.

I removed the upper most rock and repositioned the remaining two pieces. The damsel was also removed, as well as the clam which sadly didn't last the week.

The trachy walked forward yesterday about two inches and now touches the plate. I think that if it is bothered by the fungia it will move away again, but I will be sure to keep an eye on the situation.

Most likely it will attack the fungia- definately watch out for that

Nice- banjo player? my wife's been struggling with learning the guitar. She bought a product called chord buddy that actuall is helping her. I am drummer and I just need her to learn a few power chords and we can jam out?. That's a great light - you'll be ready for some sps ?

Nice- banjo player my wife's been struggling with learning the guitar. She bought a product called chord buddy that actuall is helping her. I am drummer and I just need her to learn a few power chords and we can jam out. That's a great light - you'll be ready for some sps

Sweet! just googled the chord buddy, I have never seen anything like that before. Definitely an interesting tool to get someone playing. Hand strength can certainly be an issue when learning chords, I still get hand cramps after a while. That will be great having a live-in jam buddy.

As for SPS, I have been thinking about adding a psammocora. I would also like to get something that isn't all that common (something weird), but I'm not an SPS guy so nothing comes to mind. Any suggestions?

Sweet! just googled the chord buddy, I have never seen anything like that before. Definitely an interesting tool to get someone playing. Hand strength can certainly be an issue when learning chords, I still get hand cramps after a while. That will be great having a live-in jam buddy.

As for SPS, I have been thinking about adding a psammocora. I would also like to get something that isn't all that common (something weird), but I'm not an SPS guy so nothing comes to mind. Any suggestions?

Ya she struggles with small hands so reaching the chords is hard for her- if she just learns some heavy metal I can beat the hell out of my drums and we could have a blast?. The psammocora are really cool- I saw a rainbow Monti Digitata or maybe it was a stylo frag that I passed on at MACNA- it was 125.00 but I've never seen another one since. It was really nice. Still kicking myself on that one. You could look at some of the Jason Fox corals that he grafted different kinds together and creates unique pieces- pricey but unigue

Archived