inTank Media Baskets

Emergency Pico 2.5

Smithjm5

So this pico wasn't really by choice but by necessity. Basically I have a ada 60-f where I had a yellow-tail damsel and a few other fish, but the damsel was terrorizing it's tank mates so he had to go, and I had some extra equipment laying around and this tank was born from that haha, so i'm running with it!

**This is a temporary set-up, I realize it's not adequate room for the damsel**

Getting that out of the way, I plan on upgrading this tank to a 5 gallon in the coming weeks. Not sure on which one yet but suggestions would be appreciated.

Equipment List

Standard 2.5G glass tank

Cobalt 50watt Heater

Aquaclear 20 W/Purigen & Filter floss

IM Skkye light (just cause I had it laying around)

Live rock from my main display & Caribsea sand

The Tank

14822996937_ccea4990cd_z.jpg

14986538226_018ce3e65b_z.jpg

14822888460_e7a8164738_z.jpg

Damsel actually looks good in that size tank if he is the only fish. Shame he will outgrow it...

Yea it fits him great right now, but like I said i'm going to be upgrading to either a pico 5G or maybe the spec V

Spiderguardnano

Haha that be pretty cool!

Just seems like a lot of work to keep a $3 damsel I mean mean unless you have some sort of emotional attachment

Could start a new thread

Just seems like a lot of work to keep a $3 damsel I mean mean unless you have some sort of emotional attachment

Could start a new thread

It was $5 actually lol, No I do like the little guy, but I had been wanting to start a smaller tank for awhile now and this gave me the excuse to B) I was actually just looking at the cadlights zen series tanks, they have a 5 gallon that I think I might pick up. Anyone here used/heard anything about them?

It seems a lot of people use them in the planted community, they seem nice so I'm keeping it as a possibility. I emailed Chris @ pico to get a quote for a custom tank we'll see :D

Sweet. Pico is really great quality.

Yea they are awesome tanks, They made me a custom life net cover for my 60-f, love it!

Ive always want a 60-f lol. How do you like it? I wasn't sure if it was too shallow or not.. :)

It's a really cool tank, it is pretty shallow i think 7 1/2" tall but if you're into that it's a sweet tank lots of options with corals and fish!

I have their 7 gallon zen tank,pretty good quality for the price of the tank and it being low iron glass. Tbh,TruAqua has better quality tanks ( I have their 2.1 gallon. TruAqua bevels their edges and I think does a better silicone job and offers free shipping and only a $5 S&H charge and their tanks are cheaper.

And from my experience,yellow tails are horrid. Such aggressive little bastards. In my 15 gallon I had,he scared my clown for bad he wouldn't come from behind the skimmer,not even to eat. And the clown was 2 times bigger. I'd swap his ass out for some neon gobies or Trimma gobies lol or a YCB,they have such cool personalities.

I have their 7 gallon zen tank,pretty good quality for the price of the tank and it being low iron glass. Tbh,TruAqua has better quality tanks ( I have their 2.1 gallon. TruAqua bevels their edges and I think does a better silicone job and offers free shipping and only a $5 S&H charge and their tanks are cheaper.

And from my experience,yellow tails are horrid. Such aggressive little bastards. In my 15 gallon I had,he scared my clown for bad he wouldn't come from behind the skimmer,not even to eat. And the clown was 2 times bigger. I'd swap his ass out for some neon gobies or Trimma gobies lol or a YCB,they have such cool personalities.

I'll have to check out the tru aqua tanks, That's the reason I have this tank, he was terrorizing my royal gramma so I set this up to get him out haha, i'm gonna try and trade him in if my LFS will take him!

Majority of their cubes are out of stock ATM,but check them out.

I'm sure your lfs still take him as a trade or store credit.

Archived