Coral Vue Hydros

My CAD Lights 4 Gallon Office Tank

tdcsurfer

UPDATE: I know it's been a while since my last update but it's been super busy at work. But, the little tank is still doing quite will with no issues to speak of. *Knock on wood*

I got a tiny goby and is feeding out of an eyedropper! He's sort of a pig actually. I was trying to target feed as to not pollute the tank so much and he just started feeding right from the dropper. So, this is our morning ritual. He is waiting for me up at the feeding spot every morning.

I also got a scarlet hermit crab. The first one I got died...

So, my office had a huge naming campaign for the little goby. Voting and all... His name is Joe Pesci. Won by a landslide out of about 20 names.

I also had to modify the out take. I made a deflector for it with pvc because the water surface was so calm otherwise.

My pipe organ at home ... oddly dropped a polyp so I took it to work and stuck it in a small hole.. you cant see it but its sprouted a baby... I will try and post that later today.

One good think about an office aquarium? I get daily visitors who just come by to look at the tank for a few minutes. Most say it seems to melt the stress away. I agree.

Forgot the picture

post-84144-0-28488600-1424091237_thumb.jpg

Baby Pipe Organ.

The big cluster I have in my main tank at home dropped a few polyps for some reason... not sure why it did.. but I saved one and stuck it to a rock in my office tank... and it's sprouted up a baby...

Ain't it cute!? And it did this in a 4 gallon tank...

post-84144-0-76813200-1424113684_thumb.jpg

Baby Pipe Organ.

The big cluster I have in my main tank at home dropped a few polyps for some reason... not sure why it did.. but I saved one and stuck it to a rock in my office tank... and it's sprouted up a baby...

Ain't it cute!? And it did this in a 4 gallon tank...

That's really cool! My pipe organ grows slowly and does spread, but I've never seen babies actually drop off before.

Looking good! That YCG looks like a little fatty :)

What's that in the sand in the bottom right corner? Is feeding the sun coral difficult?

What you're seeing should be the Xenia.

Yeah, the goby is very happy in this home. A bit spoiled I'd say.

That's really cool! My pipe organ grows slowly and does spread, but I've never seen babies actually drop off before.

The baby didn't drop off.. a large polyp did.. but when I stuck in my office tank, I didn't really expect it to survive let alone sprout a baby... but it did.

My PipeOrgan has actually dropped a few since I've had it.. about a year now... It seems to go through phases. It is currently expanding and I'm not too fond of how it looks during this process.

Looking good! That YCG looks like a little fatty :)

What's that in the sand in the bottom right corner? Is feeding the sun coral difficult?

The sun coral is actually really easy thanks to a glass blower friend of mine who made me an extended eyedropper. They are always open in the morning when I get to work and I shut the pump off and directly feed them a few drops. I don't do this everyday however. Normally it's once a week right before my water change. The coral feedings happen on a Thursday and I change the water on Fridays. That way I don't have a polluted tank for too long. Seems to be working fine.

The baby didn't drop off.. a large polyp did.. but when I stuck in my office tank, I didn't really expect it to survive let alone sprout a baby... but it did.

My PipeOrgan has actually dropped a few since I've had it.. about a year now... It seems to go through phases. It is currently expanding and I'm not too fond of how it looks during this process.

Do you have a thread for your big tank? I'd like to check out the progress of your pipe organ. Mine receded a lot when I first got it and it's just now filling out all the original holes. So I've never seen it actually expand :)

Archived