Coral Vue Hydros

Anemone...

ghostgr

I'm thinking of putting a BTA in my tank or another kind of anemone...its a 29g biocube. would this be a good idea or not? ive always wanted an anemone but not sure if itll work.

You aquarium is at the very minimum for required size for this species. Anenomes are great if you can get them to stay in one place. Paired with a clown makes for fascinating observation. Their sting is a little less potent than other anenomes but keep in mind they can move and sting things in your tank as well as eat small fish and coral. In such a small environment it is a lot easier for the nem to catch fish or for a fish to accidentally swim into it. As you probably know its a risk. Like most other corals, the bubble tip needs excellent water quality and can benefit from additional feedings to make it happy. Also need to have the correct lighting to make it thrive. I like to keep nems in a dedicated system as their movement and fish catching abilities worry me. With so many other options available, I would take a pass on the bta.

Archived