Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

Cant wait to see it all set up and running.

Ahhh sorry! page bump lol!

Well everyone, phase 1 of the tank trasfer is done - taking down the 36 gallon bowfront. It is scrubbed clean and ready to sell.

My livestock are divided between the original 30 gallon XH and a spare 10 gallon aquariums. My light fixture can be used over the 30g so nearly all the coral, macros, one of the 2 large rocks, Eve, KB, snails and the lone hermit are in that tank. I am running my hob Prism pro skimmer for filtration and the tunze nanostream 6045. I used 2/3s of the water from the bowfront and a third was fresh made saltwater.

The 10g has a hob penguin filter and contains the other large rock, Baby the clownfish, the cucumber, nassarius snails and the gobies.

Dave, (when he gets home from work) should be able to help me carry the 56 gallon column tank up from the basement so I can set it up. However, with WCs I should be able to maintain everything just fine as it is. Eve seems comfortable because I heard her snicking some of the feeder shrimp I added to her temporary home. Its a good sign when she is hunting! :-)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RIP Sebastian

Well everyone, phase 1 of the tank trasfer is done - taking down the 36 gallon bowfront. It is scrubbed clean and ready to sell.

My livestock are divided between the original 30 gallon XH and a spare 10 gallon aquariums. My light fixture can be used over the 30g so nearly all the coral, macros, one of the 2 large rocks, Eve, KB, snails and the lone hermit are in that tank. I am running my hob Prism pro skimmer for filtration and the tunze nanostream 6045. I used 2/3s of the water from the bowfront and a third was fresh made saltwater.

The 10g has a hob penguin filter and contains the other large rock, Baby the clownfish, the cucumber, nassarius snails and the gobies.

Dave, (when he gets home from work) should be able to help me carry the 56 gallon column tank up from the basement so I can set it up. However, with WCs I should be able to maintain everything just fine as it is. Eve seems comfortable because I heard her snicking some of the feeder shrimp I added to her temporary home. Its a good sign when she is hunting! :-)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait, but who am I to say- you're the one who has to set it up! I have PIMBA champs tomorrow, though... The suspense will kill me! It's gonna be hard waiting for the gobies, too.

Nick

Cant wait to see it all set up and running.

Ahhh sorry! page bump lol!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait, but who am I to say- you're the one who has to set it up! I have PIMBA champs tomorrow, though... The suspense will kill me! It's gonna be hard waiting for the gobies, too.

Nick

I know guys, I can't stand it either...its killing me to wait til Dave gets home but I am smart enough not to risk breaking that aquarium. A friend of mine stopped by and I considered asking her if she would help me carry it. Fortunately reason prevailed and I chose not to risk the 2 of us slipping, dropping and possibly breaking the tribute tank! Dave will be home in a couple of hours and it can wait til then.

Looking forward to seeing the new 56! omgomgomg

Me too, I am chomping at the bit to set the 56g up!

Watching and Waiting Dawn :ninja:

Did I miss the finished Paint Job? I may need to go back a page or 2 in this thread.

I thought you saw the finished paint job. Ha ha, maybe it did not look finished!

Anyway the 36 gallon is down and the 56 gallon is up. Its too late for pics though.

Thanks for posting this Mark, I had missed the new thread!

Good luck, Dawn!

Thanks teeny. Ha ha, I am not the only one to miss new threads!

Good bye 36bow... You've had a good run buddy :tears:

oh hey! A 56g B)

Thanks Pinner, this was such a good tank! ...but out with the old and in with the new! (I am glad that we don't do that with people, ha ha!)

Archived