inTank Media Baskets

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

I doubt that he will send photos as he has a customer raising them for him. However, I raised 15 out of 22 this past winter and it is all covered in this thread. When you have time check the dates between Nov and Feb. I posted pics and videos. Start at page 5 and you will experience the whole drama! I will probably try another batch this winter.

I will definitely check that out!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay babies! I hope the LFS owner can have success raising them :)

From what I understand he has a customer do the raising for him. He still had 12 from the last batch I gave him so hopefully they will do even better with these.

The fry are gone and being raised by their surrogate mom. Rick, the lfs owner told me that he sold all 15 babies I raised and his customers love them. Rick can't wait for me to raise some more. I told him not until fall. He told me he could sell twice as many next time.

Adam had to rest most of the day but he and Eve began courting last night. The lights went out so they have resumed this morning. They were so intent on each other I couldn't really interest them with some breakfast! LOL

We leave first thing tomorrow morning, hoping to make or be close to St Louis.

Working on making the saltwater in the brute can and circulating for Rick to do WC mid week next week. I need to fine tune the salinity and that will be done. The food is all pre-measured in cups with dates of when to feed; seahorses everyday but the reef only every other day. Instructions are taped to the tanks. I just need to top off the ATO reservoir, plug in battery back up pumps and do a large WC and the system should be ready. Here's hoping for the best!

Dave and I experienced a very sobering event today. We were on our bikes on interstate 70 at 1 pm-ish about 20 miles east of Indianapolis. There was a driving rain but there was no where to go but ahead. Everyone was passing us because we were going 50-60mph. Then the traffic stopped. We were stopped in the torrential rain probably 40 minutes while we watched emergency vehicles go up the berm past us. When we could travel again, a quarter mile up the highway a car had gone under a big rig. There was nothing left of the front of the car or the front seats. No roof, dash or anything. They must have hydro-planed right under the rig. I remember seeing that rig pass us just prior to the accident. A few minutes difference and we could have been involved.

Thanks kimber and Mark! Today was a great riding day, sunshine from Effingham, Illinois where we started this morning to Salina, Kansas where we are tonight. I will try to get a pic tomorrow evening when we visit friends.

My bike broke down yesterday 4 miles from our hotel in Durango, CO. A dealer came with truck and trailer and picked it up plus gave me a lift to our hotel. We had hoped today while we were enjoying the Durango-Silverton rail tour the dealer would be able to fix whatever was causing my bike to stall and not run. Unfortunately that is not the case and my bike is still acting up tonight. We were suppose to head out for four corners tomorrow morning. Bummer. We paid for another night in Durango and are praying that the Lord guides us from here on in.

My bike broke down yesterday 4 miles from our hotel in Durango, CO. A dealer came with truck and trailer and picked it up plus gave me a lift to our hotel. We had hoped today while we were enjoying the Durango-Silverton rail tour the dealer would be able to fix whatever was causing my bike to stall and not run. Unfortunately that is not the case and my bike is still acting up tonight. We were suppose to head out for four corners tomorrow morning. Bummer. We paid for another night in Durango and are praying that the Lord guides us from here on in.

oh no!!! I sure hope they can figure it out for you.

I can think of worse places to be stuck. :) Little Switzerland is like gods country out there, some of the most spectacular scenery I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. I do hope the bike gets fixed quickly!

Sk8n Reefer

I can think of worse places to be stuck. :) Little Switzerland is like gods country out there, some of the most spectacular scenery I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. I do hope the bike gets fixed quickly!

have you been out to that area Mark- Ouray, Co. - little Switzerland is as you say gods country! absoluutely stunning ! I was lucky enough to live in that area for 10 yrs. before moving to the Denver area.

dang, sorry to hear this- hope it gets fix soon for you. how has the weather been for ya? Did you go over red mountain pass?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope they can get the bike fixed for you ASAP. I'm just glad you're ok and weren't involved in that wreck. I hope you have a safe rest of your trip and nice weather!

Hope your bike got fixed! I'm glad the babies came out ok and the happy couple is already back at it :)

Thanks everyone for all your concern. Just arrived back home today. Wow, what an exhilarating, crazy vacation! The dealer worked on my bike 2 full days but only charged for 2 hours because they couldn't find a definitive reason for it acting up. They cleaned some bugs, (literally) out of the air filter, checked the carburetor and tightened the kickstand bolt on the safety kill switch. Also early the 2nd day they even lent me a demo bike off the showroom floor so that Dave and I could still go to 4 corners. It was a sweet little Kawasaki 650 Vulcan and I enjoyed it very much. If you ever do buisness concerning motorcycles in Durango, CO I highly endorse Joe at Fun Center. Great folks there. Anyway although we were nervous we headed home and my bike ran great. We were 1 day ahead of rain the whole way until today and apparently we were only 1 hour ahead of rain, because it poured right after we got home, LOL. I have pics and as soon as I can get organized I will post some.

O yeah, and my sister took excellant care of the tanks and everyone looks happy and healthy!

100_1284_zps13vmvjj5.jpg

This is a hiking trail near Colorado Springs. It is called 7 bridges. Dave, my hubby thought it would be funny if I looked like me jumping made the bridge bow. Ha ha, such a funny guy!

100_1356_zpsfp1sy6xs.jpg

This is one of the magnificent gorges we saw on the Durango-Silverton rail tour. The scenery was spectacular and my pics don't do it justice.

100_1369_zpsbn8ekzbo.jpg

This is Fun Center, the Suzuki dealer that saved our vacation! If you look to the right side of the parking lot you will see my hubby's 1976 Honda that never so much as sputtered the whole trip. Who would have thought the new-ish bike would be the problem?

100_1370_zpsmmd8mckp.jpg

I sure don't look very "biker" here, more like a tourist. Thats what I figure I would end up doing until they offered the demo!

Nanofreak79

Things are not made to the same standards anymore, IMO anyway. I have a 2005 expedition I've put $8,000 easy into it.....only 127,000 miles. Wtf?

Archived