Cultivated Reef

College Fluval Spec II

JoshuA c

Hello all! I doubt any of you remember but I had a college zoa garden a little while ago. It has been taken down for a couple of months, but I plan on bringing it back this year. This year, though, I will be a lot busier because I will be joining a lab so I plan to make it simpler and just more pleasing to the eye instead of many different rarer frags.

My plan for my Fluval Spec II is to have three to four larger zoa, mushroom, or simple LPS frags where the rock they are on makes up most, if not all, of the rockscape. The kicker is I'll just stick with ordinary frags such as watermelons or radioactive dragon eyes, you know, cheaper and more common zoas that I can get bigger pieces of for cheaper. Then I was planning on getting the smallest cleaner shrimp I can get at the LFS (they usually have some really small ones). He will stay small for the 6-7 months he'll be in my little tank and then I can bring him home for my 29 gallon. Also, he'll be a little company and can crawl on my finger when I am lonely. To finish it all off, black sand! Boom! This will, I think, be a simple yet pretty looking tank.

As for equipment, it will be the same set up as the zoa garden:

Skkye IM LED for their 16 gallon tank

JBJ ATO

stock pump

I'm just getting the thread started so go ahead and subscribe now, and when it is up and going, monthly FTS's will be posted below.

Love these college reefs since we usually get frequent updates and get to see lower budget masterpieces. Good luck I'm following.

Archived