ReefCleaners.org

NanoClown's Mr.Aqua [25]³ | Quick Update!

NanoClown

Great looking scape, perfect for a cube!

Dude! The tank looks awesome, really digging your set up.. so clean!

Man, your setup is cool!

Thanks guys!

I'll post some more pics over this weekend after I move things over. I probably won't get around to it tomorrow because I have to work all day. Sunday I am off from work, i'll probably get everything done then.

quick photodump raw from my iphone lol

I plan to invest in a nice camera around christmas time so please bear with me till then :P

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo1-5.jpg.html'>photo1-5.jpg

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo2-5.jpg.html'>photo2-5.jpg

I plan to fill this top shelf up with more sps in the future

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo4-1.jpg.html'>photo4-1.jpg

I want to buy a couple more Euphyllia type corals to fill in this side of the tank. I really want an orange torch or nice neon frogspawn

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo3-4.jpg.html'>photo3-4.jpg

• Like 2

I had quite a lot of frags packed into my spec V :lol:

As for fish stocking, I plan to get these for sure

Midas or Tailspot Blenny

Yasha Hase Goby w/ Pistol shrimp

Maybe: (undecided on last fish)

Flame Angel (I had one in the past that never nipped at corals so i'm going to try my luck again)

Flasher Wrasse

Firefish Goby

I have a 1/4" screen kit from BRS that I will be putting together soon so I don't have to worry about keeping jumpers! :D

Is yours the low iron or the regular glass mr aqua?

I believe it is the regular clarity glass, it definitely has the slight green hue to it that regular glass has

What do you think of the quality of the Mr aqua? I just ordered the regular glass 18x18 a couple of days ago. It should be here in 1-2 days.

I believe it is the regular clarity glass, it definitely has the slight green hue to it that regular glass has

• Like 1

Nice set up! I've been considering the exact same tank for when my 4 gal Evolve grows out someday. Seeing how the overflow and stand was built and how you are upgrading the original setup gives me a lot of inspiration.

• Like 1

I almost forgot to upload these last couple of pics

I plan to let zoas take over the top shelf and let the green star polyps grow up from the bottom

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo3-5.jpg.html'>photo3-5.jpg

Check out my massive Green Rhodactis mushrooms! They are all about 2" in diameter

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/MrAqua%2025g%20Cube/photo2-6.jpg.html'>photo2-6.jpg

What do you think of the quality of the Mr aqua? I just ordered the regular glass 18x18 a couple of days ago. It should be here in 1-2 days.

I'm satisfied with the quality of this tank, the silicone seams are all very clean with no messy silicone, I don't mind it being regular quality glass either. Just for your knowledge, the bottom of mine is drilled. I'm not sure if the newer tanks have tempered bottom panes or not.

The 18x18 is a very nice size to work with, you'll have plenty of space to do your rock work.

• Like 2

I did have the marineland 18x18. It was atrocious and their customer service was terrible. Thankfully I was able to work things out with the LFS. I still have the glass canopy though hopefully it will fit the mr aqua fine.

I ordered the regular glass mr aqua because I'm really good at scratching aquariums and the price difference wouldn't have set well with my wife. Or me...

I really like your aquascape and the montipora.

I almost forgot to upload these last couple of pics

I plan to let zoas take over the top shelf and let the green star polyps grow up from the bottom

photo3-5.jpg

Check out my massive Green Rhodactis mushrooms! They are all about 2" in diameter

photo2-6.jpg

I'm satisfied with the quality of this tank, the silicone seams are all very clean with no messy silicone, I don't mind it being regular quality glass either. Just for your knowledge, the bottom of mine is drilled. I'm not sure if the newer tanks have tempered bottom panes or not.

The 18x18 is a very nice size to work with, you'll have plenty of space to do your rock work.

I will post a photo update soon! I picked up a few new fish for the tank. B) I am now fully stocked on fish, I only plan on adding more inverts in the future (hint: pistol shrimp).

I'm going to let everything settle down before I buy some new frags. Most of my corals are taking to the new LEDs nicely, the only problem I ran into was one of my acan frags bleaching out. Now I have it sitting under a ledge out of direct light.

I still need to get the skimmer to break in and set up my ato. I've been very busy between school and work, I have been taking my time setting up the rest of my equipment.

Nice set up! I've been considering the exact same tank for when my 4 gal Evolve grows out someday. Seeing how the overflow and stand was built and how you are upgrading the original setup gives me a lot of inspiration.

Thanks, Please post links once you get yours setup! I would love to see what you end up doing with the same tank.

That set up is sweet good job. Thanks for the love on my tank.

What camera you thinking about. I was looking at the Olympus tg-3.

Thanks for the kind words! Your tank is very nice, I was initially going to setup a 40B myself. I went with something smaller to save space.

I'm not too sure,I was a Nikon guy in the past having owned a D40. I'll probably buy one of their newer point and shoot cameras.

gorgeous set up

Nice looking cube and nice setup. I like your rock scape as well. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks guys!

Sorry I didn't post any pics sooner. I have been busy with work and school,I barely have the time to spend enjoying my tank.

I finally got a chance to take some pics of the crew. Enjoy!

Ocellaris Clowns

photo3-6.jpg

Hi-fin Banded Goby

26e5c0c1-d418-4231-bbfe-b65c6ae568dd.jpg

Bi-Color Blenny (black and gold)

photo2-7.jpg

Longnose Hawkfish (my personal favorite, he has a ton of personality!)

photo4-2.jpg

Firefish Goby

photo5-3.jpg

I definitely do not plan on adding anymore fish to my tank. I planned to stock the tank fast to avoid any aggression. So far my plan is working out well. Everyone has been getting along nicely.

Can not wait to finish my Mr Aqua 25 gallon waiting to get some more equipment now. Want to get the riptide for the tank. I really like the finish of the Mr Aqua tanks they are very well made. I have the low iron version and the silicone work is just fantastic.

Can not wait to finish my Mr Aqua 25 gallon waiting to get some more equipment now. Want to get the riptide for the tank. I really like the finish of the Mr Aqua tanks they are very well made. I have the low iron version and the silicone work is just fantastic.

Sounds like you're off to a great start on your Mr.Aqua. I love the quality of their tanks

My quick crew from Reef Cleaners came in today. I highly recommend ordering a clean up crew from them. They sent me a ton of extra snails, I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. :)

Aside from this good news, I do have some bad news to share. Unfortunately I am still facing a bryopsis problem on some of my live rocks. I did some testing recently and all of my parameters are fine. It seems like no matter how much I scrub my rocks I can never get rid of it. I even did a peroxide dip on all of my rocks before cycling my tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:
I had to evict the bicolor blenny. It became very territorial after establishing a burrow and It started to terrorize my other fish and cleaner shrimp. It especially did not like my firefish or hi-fin banded goby :( I got him out of the tank today during my weekly water change. I currently have the little guy in my refugium. I plan to take him to the LFS when I get the chance to before the weekend.

Seems as though my beefed up CUC has been doing its job! My algea issues are slowly going away. :)

I have also been scrubbing off my rocks during water changes to help get rid of the bryopsis.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Oh my!

I am so sorry with the lack of updates, there have been a lot of struggles in my tank with bryopsis algea and getting my phosphates in check that I DID NOT want any of you guys to see.

I still wish I had a better camera, taking pics is really hard with an iphone lol.

I ended up ditching the original lights for a Kessil A350W with a 90 degree adapter and goose-neck attachment. I am really pleased with the shimmer and color. wish the blue and white channels were independent of each other but its whatever, I knew that when I bought the fixture lol.

No real complaints, I love the sleekness of my aquarium now. No more bulky lights !!!

My fish selection has changed a lot due to having some problematic fish (the hawkfish turned into a complete a$$! and started to terrorize everyone else, my hi-finned goby disappeared one day without a trace)

I currently have my pair of clowns, a coral beauty angel, and a pair of firefish.

• Like 1

Well this has been quite the Christmas to remember, yesterday I cracked the bottom of my tank trying to replace an old bulkhead.

I was able to get everything out and place all of my livestock into a 20L for the time being.

I was lucky to find a new replacement somewhat local to where I live. I drove out to SF this morning to pick it up.

I also need to find a glass shop that will drill aquariums so that I can get 2 holes drilled for bulkheads again. I don't feel very confident drilling the aquarium myself lol

I placed an order through BRS this morning for new bulkheads, unions, and drill bits.

I have never drilled a glass aquarium before so i'm a little nervous. It's good to know that Mr.Aqua uses non-tempered glass on all sides. When my order comes in next week i'll have to make a quick stop to my local home depot to pick up the other plumbing supplies that I still need (adhesive, some pipes and fittings).

Oh yeah I also fried my SL1 module for my RKL. When the tank started to leak I didn't realize that water had got into one of the cable ports on the module :( It also fried my temp probe. I'll replace that when I get a little extra funds, I'm not to worried about it for now. I still have a pH test kit and a couple of old thermometers around I could use for now.

I might invest in a colbalt neotherm heater, I don't know how much longer I can trust my ebo-jager to keep a consistent temperature on its own now that it isn't hooked up my controller.

Hey Nano Clown ... Glad to meeet you, I would like to ask one thing:

Those pump you are useing are they good? Are they noisy?

Can you make different movements of water, are the compatible together?

Thankyou