Coral Vue Hydros

NanoClown's Mr.Aqua [25]³ | Quick Update!

NanoClown

Hey Nano Clown ... Glad to meeet you, I would like to ask one thing:

Those pump you are useing are they good? Are they noisy?

Can you make different movements of water, are the compatible together?

Thankyou

Hey there!

I absolutely love my RW-4 pumps that I am currently using. For the price they cannot be beat! They are near silent, you can only hear a hum if you run them at the higher settings. They have 2 different wave type settings (one pulse and the other is ramp), an "else" mode(random input), and constant or alternating settings. The pumps can wireless-ly interact with each other, if you set one to master then the other will copy the same settings. I strongly recommend buying them if you do not want to cash out a lot for a Vortech. I am currently running both at 30% on the "else" setting

sorry to hear about the troubles. hope 2015 is smooth sailing for you!

Thanks bud! The last few weeks have been hectic for my aquarium. I hope 2015 brings me a fresh and prosperous start.

At least I don't have a ton of scratches everywhere anymore lol :P I'm very excited to get everything hooked back up again. My living room is a mess with tanks and equipment all over the place :rolleyes:

Got my tracking number today, my order from BRS should be here on 1/5/15.

I just noticed that I ordered the wrong size bulkhead and drill bit for my drain, Im not sure how effective a 3/4" drain is in comparison to the 1" that I had on the other tank. I hope I can get away with what I bought though.

I might drill it on the back wall this time instead of the bottom, use 2 3/4" drains in a low profile overflow box such as this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-GPH-Nano-Overflow-Box-internal-aquarium-surface-skimmer-/191230960493?pt=Fish_Filters&hash=item2c8640e36d and 2 1/2" returns on opposite corners of the back wall.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got all my drill bits and bulkheads in from BRS. I took a trip to Lowes today to build my new drain line, i got everything fitted properly and then I realized I had glued the pvc union on wrong. I totally forgot to put on the middle ring before gluing everything together. I've gotta take a trip back there tomorrow because I bought the wrong size adapter for my return line -_-

Anyways, I have tomorrow off. Ill try to take some photos of the drilling process. Wish me luck!!!! It will be my first time drilling an aquarium :o

• Like 1

So for my first time drilling an aquarium things could definitely have gone worse.

I took my time and the larger hole for the 1" bulkhead ended up chipping out at the end.

photo1-9.jpg

The smaller hole for the 1/2" bulkhead came out much cleaner and only had a small chip. I think this should be fine over time since the chipping was very minor.

photo2-9.jpg

I did a leak test overnight to see if it the bulkhead would hold up. Everything held up fine without any leaks.

photo1-10.jpg

I'm still debating if I should just silicone my bulkheads in place just in case of a leak. I don't trust the gasket to hold up permanently on the 1" bulkhead over a long time. Does anyone have experience with using silicone on their bulkheads before? I have heard mixed opinions on it....

• Like 1

Boom! I just ordered the last of my plumbing supplies from BRS. Going to go over to TAP Plastics here close to my house to see if they can fabricate me a new overflow. I have seen a couple on ebay that will work for my setup but they are a little too big and bulky. I wanted to use my old overflow, but I drilled the holes a little farther out from the back pane as well as a little farther apart. I wanted to make sure that I left enough space between the holes to help prevent it from cracking again.

Hopefully this new build does not drag on too much longer. I go back to school next week. WOOO 2 more semesters to graduate! B)

• 4 weeks later...

My new replacement aquarium is now up and running. The water is still a bit cloudy from adding new sand. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow!

Stay Tuned B)

This was my tank Saturday night :P

B627AD93-2AFD-4244-98D7-8F6A5CBA4495.jpg

Today :)B)

myiphone137.jpg

myiphone135.jpg

myiphone139.jpg

myiphone133.jpg

This dude is the biggest thing in the tank now lol.

myiphone132.jpg

The color balance is off in most of those photos. I just upgraded to an iphone 6, so if anyone has pointers for taking decent pics on that phone, let me know!

• Like 2

Looks great!

Thanks man!

I actually stopped by the LFS on my way home from class today, I picked up a few frags. I'm going to try my luck with some SPS now that I have my tank running how I want it. If I get home early enough tomorrow i'll be sure to take some pics of my corals.

• 2 weeks later...

Random photo dump. All photos were taken on an iPhone 6. I had to turn down the blue channel on my Kessil to get the pics to not look like a bottle of windex. I still would like to get a nice dslr in the future, but the camera on my phone will definitely hold over for the time being.

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Some Top-Down shots!

This one is closest to the true colors of my lighting. Most of the other pics I turned down the blue led channel on my Kessil so that it wasn't washing out the colors.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

It's feeding time!

IMG_0646.jpg

He goes nuts when I am about to feed the tank.

IMG_0648.jpg

trying to catch a ride lol

IMG_0649.jpg

• Like 2

Holy cow, i love your tank, sweet setup!

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words lol

Update: I have been picking up SPS frags here and there. I'll try to post some new pics sometime this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

some new pics

FTS

IMG_0718.jpg

I only have one hermit crab in my tank, and he sure has been a trooper!

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

Like I said, I have been starting to fill in the top of the rock structure with SPS :D

IMG_0728.jpg

• Like 2

Great pictures! Looks like that frogspawn is filling out nicely :)

Thanks bud! Its getting pretty big, its definitely bigger than a softball now. I think it has around 10 heads or so. I might frag off a couple in the future, but for now because of where it is placed it hasn't been a problem.

• Like 1

Very nice! I really like all the shrooms!

Thanks man! Hopefully I can pick up some ricordia mushrooms and maybe even a jawbreaker sometime in the future.

I should probably start to pull some of the blue mushrooms however, they are starting to spread all over my tank lol

Love the mushrooms. I am planning to go bare bottom on my Spec and have the bottom filled with mushrooms. Do the red ones in your pic grow fast?? Ricordeas grow too slow =P. I need some "weed" mushrooms.

YES the red mushrooms have been splitting rather fast. Somehow one managed to make its way to the top of the rocks next to the SPS :P lol

When I bought my first red mushroom it didnt have any blue spots. Since I changed my lights to a Kessil and have been dosing, the blue pigments started to come out on them.

• Like 2

Mine really started to split after I made the change in lights, however they are overall smaller mushrooms now as a result. They split faster than they have been growing.

Maybe if I get a lose red one I could send it your way. I have a few loose blue mushrooms in my sump as well.

Mine are plain old bright red ones that split like crazy and I had to try to kill them all before they took over the tank. But I was never able to get rid of all of them, which I don't mind as long as they don't return to their plan for total world domination ;)

The interesting thing is, a little scrap fell down between the rocks and started to grow in the dark. When it came up in the light, it had lots of beautiful blue spots. So I've seen the same thing you have with the change in lighting affecting their color. But in my case it seems to be a result of less light rather than more.

• Like 1

Thats how I am feeling about the blue mushrooms. The colony has been dropping babies left and right, I have been tossing them in my fuge lol. They're starting to become a problem now...... :rolleyes:

Interesting to see that that also happened with your mushroom. I really like the morph that mine are splitting now. Have you put that mushroom back into the light?