ReefCleaners.org

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

Not a problem !! I'm glad to see more people getting them. They are ridiculously cheap,and especially the free shipping part lol. I just wish their regular style tanks were cheaper,that's where CAD has them beat. But I think their quality is what I love the most.

I'm sure man,I wouldn't doubt that. It's going to be a ballin' ass tank ;) that's for sure. I'm thinking about keeping my 2 gallon from them up and running and doing it all sps :D !!!

Do you think the AC50 will be enough flow though ? But you are planning to keep softies and lps so it shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think.

I love free shipping from TruAqua. Their stuff is not so bad either. Have a heater from them as well. Works well.

All sps? Dayum! That's going to be an awesome challenge! Link me when you get a thread started! ;)

I thought about the ac50 not putting enough flow so I ordered a Hydor Pico evo-mag 180gph to add in there ;) on the website says it can be controlled with the hydor wake maker or any controller. So im going to plug it to the apex and have it make waves lol

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pay what $5 for "shipping and handling" lol which isn't bad !!! Can you really ?! That's crazy. I have 2 Hydor Pico 800's I wonder if they would work. I'd love to get a MP10 and slap it on the 2 gallon.

Oh it's up meow,it's in my 7 gallon thread starts around the last few pages. I had to take the 7 gallon down to re do it and had the TruAqua sitting around that was supposed to be my girls tank. But I've got 2 Monti's a Digi,a Joe the Coral Acro and a Blue Tenuis in there as we speak,which some pieces are encrusting already and about 20-30 zoa frags and a Rainbow Acan lol peep it man ;)

Angel<3Nanos

You pay what $5 for "shipping and handling" lol which isn't bad !!! Can you really ?! That's crazy. I have 2 Hydor Pico 800's I wonder if they would work. I'd love to get a MP10 and slap it on the 2 gallon.

Oh it's up meow,it's in my 7 gallon thread starts around the last few pages. I had to take the 7 gallon down to re do it and had the TruAqua sitting around that was supposed to be my girls tank. But I've got 2 Monti's a Digi,a Joe the Coral Acro and a Blue Tenuis in there as we speak with about 30 zoa frags and a Rainbow Acan lol peep it man ;)

Haha yeah! Like $5 bucks.

And that's what the info on the hydor pick says. I will try it. I have 2 mp10s on my 40g that im taking down. But since im doing softies I think people will call me crazy lol

Hey man im about to check it out! :)

Angel<3Nanos

Yes in the 7.5 lol with a ac50 at full blast I run my mp10 on reef crest at about the 5 led

That's awesome man! Guess im going to try and put one of my mp10s in there and see how it does. :)

But I might sell them. Gottta save for the baby coming. :)

On the my pico 800 I have 4 slots on the control knob open plus the AC50 pointed in the corner the sps are in.

Oh yeah,hmmmm wanna sellzzzzz one :D if so let's work something out ;)

Angel<3Nanos

On the my pico 800 I have 4 slots on the control knob open plus the AC50 pointed in the corner the sps are in.

Oh yeah,hmmmm wanna sellzzzzz one :D if so let's work something out ;)

Guess I underestimated the flow in a pico lol

Yeah man pm me if you want one. I'm going to start selling them this week. Got tons of locals waiting for my stuff to be up for sale. Haha thhey have to wait till the pico is up and running.

If I could have the money ready by the time you were ready to sell,than I would. But I doubt I would,depending on how much you wanted.

Yeah,no joke. I have my AC50 running almost wide open and then that pico 800 and I'm sure I could use a smidge more flow lol.

Angel<3Nanos

If I could have the money ready by the time you were ready to sell,than I would. But I doubt I would,depending on how much you wanted.

Yeah,no joke. I have my AC50 running almost wide open and then that pico 800 and I'm sure I could use a smidge more flow lol.

Lol ill let you know if they sell or not locally. ;)

And dang! Wonder how it will be with my tiny pico evo lol

Looking like a good setup so far. If I may, let me offer you an alternative to that AC50. When I had my ADA Mini M setup, I was running a Marina Breeder box on it. In there I had some chaeto as well as probe and chemipure. It is much better looking than the AC50 and nice and clear. Def didnt take too much away from the appearance, went well with the appearance. The only mod I did was instead using the air pump for flow, I connected a minijet 606 to it. Flow was perfect especially since I had my MP10 cranking in there. Good luck with everything.

Sounds good man. If they don't just shoot me a PM and we can figure something out.

I think you should be fine. My Pico 800 is only 200gph max,so where it's current at it's maybe 75-80gph plus whatever my AC50 pumps out at almost full flow.

Angel<3Nanos

Looking like a good setup so far. If I may, let me offer you an alternative to that AC50. When I had my ADA Mini M setup, I was running a Marina Breeder box on it. In there I had some chaeto as well as probe and chemipure. It is much better looking than the AC50 and nice and clear. Def didnt take too much away from the appearance, went well with the appearance. The only mod I did was instead using the air pump for flow, I connected a minijet 606 to it. Flow was perfect especially since I had my MP10 cranking in there. Good luck with everything.

Thx man!

And oh shooot! I forgot about those breeder boxes!!! Haha with all the rushing I didn't think things through. And the AC is already on its way. If I don't like it I'll get a breeder box for sure. ;) thanks for reminding me! :)

Sounds good man. If they don't just shoot me a PM and we can figure something out.

I think you should be fine. My Pico 800 is only 200gph max,so where it's current at it's maybe 75-80gph plus whatever my AC50 pumps out at almost full flow.

Will do!

Oh then I should be good. :) I just hope the hydor pico is actually controllable. :D

I would contact Hydor and see what they say. I would have to say that some of their pumps are only controllable,or maybe check around and see if anyone else is able to be conteolled.

Angel<3Nanos

I would contact Hydor and see what they say. I would have to say that some of their pumps are only controllable,or maybe check around and see if anyone else is able to be conteolled.

I think im going to do that. Don't want my pump randomly shutting down lol

I don't think it'd really shut down,more like burn itself out or put major ware and tear on the impeller and magnet which would most likely end in pump failure. But I'd you consider that shutting down,then yeah you're right.

Although if they could find a way to control these smaller pumps,I think there would be a huge increase in sales. Especially in the pico/nano category,people would eat them up.

First off,you'll love the build quality of the TruAqua's. I have their 2.1 gallon (that's replaced my 7 gallon CAD tank while I redo it). I think the TruAqua tanks are nicer than the Zen series from CAD if you ask me. Secondly,yeah they all come with the dark gray/black foam pad.

Last but no least,congrats on the new soon to be member of the family !!!!

Your tank paired with that Batman NBR light,will look sick man !!! Surely following along for this one :)

Agreed. The silicone on the truaqua was neater than my 15g zen and the clarity seems to be a little better.

When is the tank scheduled for delivery?

Angel<3Nanos

Agreed. The silicone on the truaqua was neater than my 15g zen and the clarity seems to be a little better. When is the tank scheduled for delivery?

Im at work so I think it shoukd be home right now. At least that's what the tracking says. Super fast shipping!! :D

Ill txt my wife and ask her!

I don't think it'd really shut down,more like burn itself out or put major ware and tear on the impeller and magnet which would most likely end in pump failure. But I'd you consider that shutting down,then yeah you're right.

Although if they could find a way to control these smaller pumps,I think there would be a huge increase in sales. Especially in the pico/nano category,people would eat them up.

Gunna email them after work so we'll have an answer tomorrow! :D

If they are. We hit jackpot! :)

Im at work so I think it shoukd be home right now. At least that's what the tracking says. Super fast shipping!! :DIll txt my wife and ask her!Gunna email them after work so we'll have an answer tomorrow! :DIf they are. We hit jackpot! :)

Sweet! Let us know what you think when you get to see it in person. I get to wait another three days since they have to ship mine across the country.

An all invert pico would be cool.

I will be super super surprised if they are !! But if so,I shall shout from the roof tops lol because I have 2 pico 800's which would be awesome lol.

Oh nice,yeah let us know how amazing the craftsmanship if !!! And if you like it :)

EDIT: from what foster & smith says,you can connect it to a JBJ Duo Wavemaker which is linked in the Evo Mag 180's description to be controlled... Hmm.. I wonder if my Pico 800 can be done the same way ;)

Angel<3Nanos

Sweet! Let us know what you think when you get to see it in person. I get to wait another three days since they have to ship mine across the country. An all invert pico would be cool.

I will! Im off at 1am Pacific time. But I'll snap some pics and upload them so you guys can see them in the morning! :)

And oh dang! Well my drs forster and smith's order was placed same day as the tank and it will be here on the 22nd :( damn shipping lol

I will be super super surprised if they are !! But if so,I shall shout from the roof tops lol because I have 2 pico 800's which would be awesome lol.

Oh nice,yeah let us know how amazing the craftsmanship if !!! And if you like it :)

EDIT: from what foster & smith says,you can connect it to a JBJ Duo Wavemaker which is linked in the Evo Mag 180's description to be controlled... Hmm.. I wonder if my Pico 800 can be done the same way ;)

Cant wait for the tank man! I txtd the wife but since she's pregnant, she takes naps lol I

So she hasn't text back. :(

But yes! That's what I read too! Hmmm im so curious now. I definitely have to email hydor.

Angel<3Nanos

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Packing peanuts! :D

14781132000_5c24e4e22a_b.jpg

So much bubble wrap lol

14781202648_de86354110_b.jpg

Ohmaigawwd!!!

14944809966_c5fcea6d97_b.jpg

Love the quality if it! It's amazing!

14944814276_1979b97868_b.jpg

Fits perfectly on the stand!!!

14944818106_3594f99bf4_b.jpg

Just finished catching up on your thread. Congratulations on your new family member and the for deciding to stick with the hobby. My kids love looking at the aquarium and my 2 month baby girl could stare at the movement and fish for hours. Very soothing for me as well :) really looking forward to your build and appreciate all the pics you posted. Good luck on both the impending birth of your child and the start of building and creating your new aquarium.

Archived