SaltCritters.com

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much was that tsunami ato ? I need to find a cheap alternative to my JBJ,that thing sucks more d than clay aiken !!!

It was $59.95 with free shipping from Amazon. I've yet to test it, but from what I've read its pretty reliable. Plus my Avast works with the same kind of "pressure sensor" and has never failed me. :)

By sure for photos :P

I know you like pics so will do ;)

Okay. That's not bad. Let me know how it works once it gets in. I was thinking of maybe getting the DIY one from Premium Aquatics but idk how well it works for $40 lol.

Okay. That's not bad. Let me know how it works once it gets in. I was thinking of maybe getting the DIY one from Premium Aquatics but idk how well it works for $40 lol.

Yeah man will do. The only reason why I pulled the trigger on this one is because of the pressure sensor it has. Its thin enough to fit in my skimmer box for my AC.

And they are more reliable than float sensors.

Yes! And the tsunami should be here this week so I just need to buy an aqualifter:)

Was just looking at this same ato. Sensor is perfect for a small area.

Is there a way to change the sensitivity on them? My only draw back to them was it waits until there is 1" of evap before it triggers the pump. 1" is kinda significant for a Pico! Thoughts??

Was just looking at this same ato. Sensor is perfect for a small area.

Is there a way to change the sensitivity on them? My only draw back to them was it waits until there is 1" of evap before it triggers the pump. 1" is kinda significant for a Pico! Thoughts??

Actually I'm not worried about the 1" since it will be inside the skimmer box of the AC. Which is where the evaporation takes place. The box is around 3+ inches deep so 1" is not bad at all.

But I would have more details when I receive it. I'll make a full review when I do ;)

Any new FTS? Hope all is well.

-Dave

Hey Dave! Diatoms are finally gone. Idk why they took so long.

But I did bleached some zoas lol and with the cold weather my poor little heater can't keep up so I have some major temp swings that stressed out the SPS which are dying. :/

Gotta have to buy a bigger heater.

Will post an FTS tomorrow that I'm off. :)

Damn that sucks man. I've been dealing with the same thing the past few weeks. I have 2 10w heaters in my tank just do my tank doesn't drop too much.

My tank was dropping down into the high 60's at night and getting up to 80 during the day. Thank god no SPS have kicked the bucket during this.

Damn that sucks man. I've been dealing with the same thing the past few weeks. I have 2 10w heaters in my tank just do my tank doesn't drop too much.

My tank was dropping down into the high 60's at night and getting up to 80 during the day. Thank god no SPS have kicked the bucket during this.

Yeah man. Not a big fan of my tiny heater now lol I'm going to order a 25w soon.

My temp drops just like yours. It's a big gap for the SPS to handle on mine.

• 4 weeks later...

how is it?

A buddy of mine and myself run this auto top off and it works really well. It has always worked just like it's supposed to.

+1 Very interested in how you set this up and any pics you can post.

Ok here's the review peeps.

Wanted to wait a few weeks to get a good review of it.

The good:

Very easy to set up. Plug and play. It is extremely reliable. Haven't had any single problem with it. It's been plugged in for 3 weeks and not a single problem at all. Keeps a constant water level. Fits tightly inside the AC skimmer box. It takes about less than an inch of evaporation before it turns on.

The (somewhat) bad:

It kinda feels cheap. Comes with suction cups for use on glass or acrylic (which I don't use since it fits tight in the skimmer box) and they are very unreliable. DON'T USE THE CUPS!!! Wish it came with a probe holder.

That's kind of the review. Lol. It also took a minute or two to adjust the sensor to the desired water level. But no biggie. Overall it's an amazing ATO for the price. Highly recommended.

15525472543_629bdcbf2a_z.jpg

16145197145_4d46afd631_z.jpg

15957887590_9353ac2da2_z.jpg

Ok here's the review peeps.

Wanted to wait a few weeks to get a good review of it.

The good:

Very easy to set up. Plug and play. It is extremely reliable. Haven't had any single problem with it. It's been plugged in for 3 weeks and not a single problem at all. Keeps a constant water level. Fits tightly inside the AC skimmer box. It takes about less than an inch of evaporation before it turns on.

The (somewhat) bad:

It kinda feels cheap. Comes with suction cups for use on glass or acrylic (which I don't use since it fits tight in the skimmer box) and they are very unreliable. DON'T USE THE CUPS!!! Wish it came with a probe holder.

That's kind of the review. Lol. It also took a minute or two to adjust the sensor to the desired water level. But no biggie. Overall it's an amazing ATO for the price. Highly recommended.

15957887590_9353ac2da2_z.jpg

Thanks so much, glad it's working out. It looks like sensor is sticking out about two inches or so. I assume the sensor has a fixed reading level and can't be adjusted itself? Meaning, you need to physically move it up or down depending on the existing water level to set it correctly.

Thanks so much, glad it's working out. It looks like sensor is sticking out about two inches or so. I assume the sensor has a fixed reading level and can't be adjusted itself? Meaning, you need to physically move it up or down depending on the existing water level to set it correctly.

No problem man. Actually the sensor does have a fixed pressure reading level. But yes, you can move it up or down to your desired level. It's really not that hard to adjust. Took me a couple of minutes. No biggie.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get a new heater yet? Any update or pics on the tank?

Ok haven't updated in a while. Been too busy getting ready for the new baby. Hopefully next week she decides to come out lol.

The tank is doing ok. Have a few things die. Haven't done a wc in a month lol

No new heater yet. House has been pretty warm.

I will do a WC tomorrow and move a few things around. I'll update a new fts also.

Archived