Top Shelf Aquatics

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

I got the whisper 40 I think, but the bigger size just makes it more difficult to adjust. I lowered the limewood down until it's just inside the skimmer. I thought I remember reading that when I was looking into the DIY one that the lower it is the more effective it is because of water circulating around it better.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup, 10-20 gallons. the pump will come with a valve adapter that you can also use to adjust how much air goes through the tube. you need to buy your own airline tubing too i think. it didn't come with any right?

Sweet man! And no air line tubing. It did come with the black hose tho. But I have some airline tubing. :) can you post a video of yours running? Or do you have a link to see it? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right lol

I got the whisper 40 I think, but the bigger size just makes it more difficult to adjust. I lowered the limewood down until it's just inside the skimmer. I thought I remember reading that when I was looking into the DIY one that the lower it is the more effective it is because of water circulating around it better.

Sweet! Then I will lower it as much as I can. How much height is there from the top to the water surface on yours? Just trying to figure out the space for the foam.

You're doing it wrong. :P

No really though, once you get this thing going you'll love it. My tank is cleeeean thanks to this gizmo.

Lmao knew someone would say something about that pic. Haha :lol:

Yes! And now I can finally haz a fishie!!! :)

lol...if you put it INSIDE the tank, then you got it right. haha.

:D no wonder I didn't see them bubbles!

Lol.

Mine is just about 2" from the top of the tank to the bottom of the outlet tube. The bubbles sit just above the bracket when it's not "working." Here's a pic when I first set it up and it was still all clean: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/stacylambert/DSC00654.jpg

Sweet! But I can't see the pic tho. It keeps on loading the pic. Must be my phone :(

Nice! Hope it works out for you! Looks pretty for a skimmer...

Thank you! It does look very stylish ;)

I didn't want to post a pic in your thread but here it is since the link won't work for you.

You may post all the pics you like in here ;)

And thx for the pic. I now have something to compare mine to :)

Following along, would love to hear what you think of that skimmer. I cant seem to find any reviews of it yet, its so new. :lol:

So far it's great. It's only been a couple of days and its already pulling some brown stuff!!!

Awesome. I am considering tossing one in the middle or third chamber of an IM 10, I believe it has a footprint small enough to fit. But we shall see. Still trying to decide if the IM 10 is what I want, or maybe something different. Keep me updated if you could. Your tank is awesome, looking forward to see how it grows!

Awesome. I am considering tossing one in the middle or third chamber of an IM 10, I believe it has a footprint small enough to fit. But we shall see. Still trying to decide if the IM 10 is what I want, or maybe something different. Keep me updated if you could. Your tank is awesome, looking forward to see how it grows!

Sweet man! This is one hell of a skimmer. I'm surprised how quickly it broke in.

IM 10s are sweet. But I would do their 20gal instead. A little more room to play :)

And right now I'm noticing some bleaching. Guess the NanoBox is too high. Need to dim it a bit before I have a tank full of white corals lol

I turned mine up too high as well. The polyps on my one sps got really pale and one the zoas lost some color. What did you have yours set at?

I turned mine up too high as well. The polyps on my one sps got really pale and one the zoas lost some color. What did you have yours set at?

Started it at 130 blues and 40 whites. Now I have them at 180 blues and 40 whites. Will bring them down to 110 blues and 25 whites.

Don't worry,when I had my 2 11up's I was running at blues-175 whites-75 lol on my 2 gallon that's WAY too high lol.

I've always started low about Blues-115 whites-40 them slowly bumped both channels up about 10-15 percent after a week and watched to see how things reacted.

Glad to hear the skimmer is breaking in well. Air Stone driven skimmers take way less to break in than Venturi style skimmers. Which is always nice.

180 blues?! haha, you underestimated the power of nanobox!

Haha I did! Thank God only 1 frag of AOG bleached. The others are starting to look a little stressed. But I brought it down now.

Don't worry,when I had my 2 11up's I was running at blues-175 whites-75 lol on my 2 gallon that's WAY too high lol.

I've always started low about Blues-115 whites-40 them slowly bumped both channels up about 10-15 percent after a week and watched to see how things reacted.

Glad to hear the skimmer is breaking in well. Air Stone driven skimmers take way less to break in than Venturi style skimmers. Which is always nice.

Yeah man! I never knew how cool airstone skimmers are!

Archived