Coral Vue Hydros

5.4gal ( no more)

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

Tank got taken down on Feb. 9. 2015

Tank will be a TruAqua 5.4gal rimless, High Clarity.

Equipment.

-Dave's NanoBox Mini Tide w/ storm controller. (Yellow & Black) :naughtydance:

-AquaClear 50 w/ Pico Aquariums Skimmer box.

-15w Heater.

-Apex Jr w/ Ph and Temp Probe

-Avast Marine Deluxe ATO.

-Hydor Pico Evo-Mag 180gph

Livestock:

-Zoas

-LPS

-TailSpot Goby

Filtration:

-About 5 lbs of Real Reef Rock (from the 40g)

-Chemipure

FTS 09/10/14

15180247076_7d85b04466.jpg

FTS 09/04/14

15141953802_5e2c1318ea.jpg

FTS 08/28/14

14890542680_a5db415768.jpg

FTS 08/25/14

15035373402_1340fe244d.jpg

Thx for looking! ;)

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spiderguardnano

Sounds awesome man, cant wait to see the progress of this tank

I went with a small tank also for a similar reason but mine being school and a limited budget

i find it very easy to care for the tank i guess because im super anal about water changes at least 1-2 times a week

check out my build

as for your light i saw dave selling that and its a badass fixture

-spida

Really hoping you post pics when you start this tank!

Side note: My wife and I discovered a few weeks ago that we're expecting our first child! Our first Dr. appointment is set for 09/03/14. As it's our first, I'm extremely happy, but nervous at the same time.

Gonna break the news to my parents over this coming weekend, they will be thrilled!

Angel<3Nanos

Sounds awesome man, cant wait to see the progress of this tank

I went with a small tank also for a similar reason but mine being school and a limited budget

i find it very easy to care for the tank i guess because im super anal about water changes at least 1-2 times a week

check out my build

as for your light i saw dave selling that and its a badass fixture

-spida

Thanks man!

And yes. Water changes once a week is not so bad. Whats bad is the amount of water you change. Doing 1 or 2 gal a week on this tank is better compared to 10gals a week lol

I'll definitely check out your thread man!

That light is pretty cool. Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Really hoping you post pics when you start this tank!

Side note: My wife and I discovered a few weeks ago that we're expecting our first child! Our first Dr. appointment is set for 09/03/14. As it's our first, I'm extremely happy, but nervous at the same time.

Gonna break the news to my parents over this coming weekend, they will be thrilled!

Will post pics when I receive everything. I promise lol

And congrats man! A kid is an amazing experience! My little girl thinks of me as I am superman or something lol She's 4 and has been begging for a little brother/sister. And we have been thinking of having one as well. But it will be our last kid, even tho kids are fun, I don't want to have tons of them running around everywhere lol

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! Will be following this one along as I plan on getting this tank myself. Already got a 10" and 14"cube from them. If you haven't seen the aquatop tanks in person yet, they're beautiful

Angel<3Nanos

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! Will be following this one along as I plan on getting this tank myself. Already got a 10" and 14"cube from them. If you haven't seen the aquatop tanks in person yet, they're beautiful

Thanks man!! :)

I've never had a TruAqua. But heard good stories. And can't beat the free shipping on them! I'm about to order mine right now! :D

I'll let you go first. I already bought the last 14" cube and second to last 10" before they sold out lol. The one time I talked to customer service, they were very kind and helpful so that's another plus

Angel<3Nanos

I'll let you go first. I already bought the last 14" cube and second to last 10" before they sold out lol. The one time I talked to customer service, they were very kind and helpful so that's another plus

Really glad you stayed in it man. Looking forward to the build!

Thx you two! ;)

Now I cant decide which to go with, AquaClear 50 or 70? I feel like the 70 will be too much for it. Idk.

Thx you two! ;)

Now I cant decide which to go with, AquaClear 50 or 70? I feel like the 70 will be too much for it. Idk.

Run the 50, you can always get more with other things later

Angel<3Nanos

Run the 50, you can always get more with other things later

Just bought a 50. :)

What are your plans for the aquaclear? You could always get the 70 and slow down the flow if you think it'll be too much

Gunna mod it to have chemiclean, filter foam, and the heater in there. Thats it. Went with the 50 to save space on the tank.

Angel<3Nanos

Ohh yea ready for that epic ups/usps lost package half way through shipping lol

Lmao hope not. Tons of people are waiting for me to set this tank up so I can sell all my other stuff! Lol

Lmao hope not. Tons of people are waiting for me to set this tank up so I can sell all my other stuff! Lol

Now that I think about it I still owe you some zoas, maybe a nice gift for the new tank. Think I have a 5p aog with your name on it. Don't have much since my health issues

Angel<3Nanos

Now that I think about it I still owe you some zoas, maybe a nice gift for the new tank. Think I have a 5p aog with your name on it. Don't have much since my health issues

Thx man.

And health issues? Hope everything is ok man!

Thx man.

And health issues? Hope everything is ok man!

Everything is good man, tanks can look a little better but still, I'll look and see what I got and priority mail it if all goes right

Angel<3Nanos

Everything is good man, tanks can look a little better but still, I'll look and see what I got and priority mail it if all goes right

Hey take your time man. I'm in no rush. I just can't wait for everything to be here. I now need to go yardsale shopping for a nice antique furniture I can restore to set this baby on FIREE!!! :D

Mr. Microscope

A simple, clean plan is always a win! Good luck. Congratulations on your second!

BTW, do you mean tailspot blenny, or two spot goby?

Angel<3Nanos

Ordered my tank in the early a.m. as well.

Sweet man! Link me when you have a thread! Ill follow! ;)

A simple, clean plan is always a win! Good luck. Congratulations on your second!

BTW, do you mean tailspot blenny, or two spot goby?

Thank you! :D

And its a tailspot goby. Im still thinking about it. Idk yet. I already have one in my 40g. It's so little and eats a bit. Love that guy. Dont want to let go of him.

Archived